[Assassination Classroom X Death Note] - Will It Work?

With Light

"Mom! I'm home! I have a lot of work to do! Don't disturb me!" Light called out, announcing his arrival back home. "Alright! Study hard! Remember to drink more water! You don't want to fall sick!" Sachiko Yagami replied, waving Light up the stairs. Light nodded, already halfway to his room.

When Light opened the door to his room, Ryuk was there. As always. "Hey. I stole some apples. Hope you don't mind." Ryuk called out in greeting, still munching on an apple. "As long as you don't steal them from the kitchen. I'll help you take some more later." Light replied dismissively, sitting down at his desk.

Light unpacked his bag swiftly, taking his books out onto the table. "Are you going to study?" Ryuk asked, hovering behind Light's shoulder. "Later. I have more important things to worry about." Light replied, slowly taking his Death Note out of the drawer.

"Oh? Are you going to use the Death Note? Already? That was quick." Ryuk commented, floating down to Light's height. This wasn't a part of Light's usual routine. Ryuk was more than a little curious.

"L is catching up to me. I need to figure out a way to find out what L's name is. I'm running out of time. I didn't expect L to be so formidable. Another thing. There's someone out there pretending to be Kira. That just complicates things even more. I have to be careful not to do anything too extravagant." Light muttered, opening the Death Note. "You could always use the Ishigami Eyes. You'd just need one look at him to know his name." Ryuk reminded once again. It had become a part of Ryuk's daily routine.

"I've told you before, Ryuk. I'm not sacrificing half of the remainder of my life just to get the Ishigami Eyes. I don't even know how much longer I'll be living. No matter how you look at it, I'm clearly at a disadvantage. Besides, after I create my perfect world, I would have to rule it. There's no point in creating a world that I wouldn't be the God of." Light replied, turning on the TV. "I'm going to have to find another way to find L's name."

"That sounds like fun. Care for a little help?"

...

Light swiveled around in his chair, turning to where the voice came from. Sitting on Light's bed was a girl. She looked liked the average teenager. There was nothing remarkably striking about her at all. If Light had seen her out on the streets, he wouldn't have thought twice about her. Except for the fact that she was sitting on his bed.

"Who are you?" Light asked warily, reaching for his pen. It wasn't effective as a weapon. Not at all. But it was better than nothing. Light knew exactly where to hit if he needed to stop her.

"You don't have to worry. I'm on your side. Call me Author. Nice to meet you, Light Yagami. Otherwise known as Kira." Author greeted, swinging her legs. "Oh. I almost forgot. Ryuk, it's nice to meet you. I brought you an apple. I know how much you love them." Author reached behind her and produced an apple. She tossed it to Ryuk with a cheeky smile.

"Wait a minute. How can you see Ryuk? That's impossible. I didn't let you touch my Death Note. Who exactly are you? Tell me." Light demanded threateningly, high on his guard. He had no idea who this girl was. He didn't know what kind of threat she posed to him.

"Like I said. I'm Author. Relax. I'm not going to give your identity away to L. Trust me. Though as a holder of the Death Note, I suppose you can't do that." Author mused, tapping her finger against her lip. Light still didn't know what to think of this girl. She seemed too relaxed. It made Light feel uneasy.

"Alright. Let's say I trust you. Only hypothetically. Why are you here? How did you get into my room? What do you want?" Light questioned, deciding to find out more information. That was the only thing he could do at this point. This girl knew way too much.