❝𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆❞ - yedam

y/n crumpled the report card that she got and shoved it into her bag. her eyes were burning in tears when she saw the place that she got.

3rd place.

"and of course our first place goes to bang yedam!" the teacher called him out making the students in the class cheered for him as he stepped forward to take his report card with a big smile.

that smile who made y/n burn in despise, yet made her fluttered.

its always like that. no matter how hard she study, yedam will always take the first place leaving y/n with the remaining numbers.

she did not care about the numbers, she only care what she will got if her father knows about it.

the sign of the last bell rang through all over the school. y/n quickly pack her bag when suddenly a shadow hovered her. she looked up and was greeted by yedam who was smiling at her.

"what place did you got?" he asked with a teasing smile while holding onto his bag strap. y/n stood up very quickly that her chair bumped into the table behind her. some students who have not go out from the classroom watching both of them.

yedam noticed the small tears in her eyes. "hey why are you--"

"you." she gritted her teeth. "you better stop showing your smile at me before i break all of your teeth." she spat bumping his shoulder harshly walking out from the class.

he only watch her go with confusion was plastered on his face. "what is her problem?"

-

a loud slap echoed all over the living room in big house. y/n held her left cheeks while looking down on the floor.

her mother stood at the corner of the room with both hands on her mouth. she tried to stop her husband but she did not even dare to step in.

y/n's father stared at his daughter while letting out a hard breath. "3rd? i gave you a lot of facilities and you gave me 3rd place?!" he yelled.

she turned her head facing her father. "i already did my best appa.." she said in a small voice.

"what do you mean you did your best? you even drop from 2nd place!" he yelled in her face. "i just want you to beat bang yedam. is it that hard?" he gritted his teeth.

she felt her heart clenched whenever she heard that name. yedam, yedam, yedam. that was the only topic that her father would bring up every time.

"stop it!" she finally screamed at her father. her father was shocked by her sudden burst. "did you just--"

"its always about yedam!" she cried. "i really already did my best to fill your wish to beat him but i cant! i am getting sick of hearing his name in this house. why cant you be proud for at least one time," she hissed. "one time only appa. i always face the book since i was a kid and i dont even get to hang out with my friends!"

"please at least appreciate me." she quivered. "i am so tired already to beat yedam. i think getting into top three is already enough for me but why is it not for you?!"

her father continued to stare at her. he never see y/n in this state before. she was waiting for her father to continue his words but only answered it with silence. "if you dont have any more words then please excuse me." she bowed and went up to her room.

soon that night, y/n and her mother was at their gazebo behind their house while her mother softly patting her cheeks with a cold cloth to ease the redness on her cheeks.

"how dare he hit my daughter like this?" she said eyes on her red cheek. y/n scoffed. "yet you did not even stop him from hitting me." she said with a cold tone.