Error vs Ink (Roleplay) Oneshot

Note: This is an Advanced Literate Roleplay between me and Shouta that I really enjoyed the beginning scene of! It does have some angst and mild fighting though, so don't expect any Error x Ink (although I ship it and that was the point of our rp, they obviously won't love each other right off lol). With that in mind, there may be some typos. I hope you like it though! I'm the one playing as Ink and Shouta was Error if any of you are curious lol

Art Credit: Mr. FrankCan

Ink couldn't think properly. Not in an Au like this.

And... he was both sure and confused why he was defending the empty space so much. Something he couldn't quite remember or grasp.

It seemed like the Au creator had made the characters a long time ago with only scraps of story and setting to really make a world, so the characters just wondered around a mostly empty area. All hoping for more. Redesigns maybe. Rewrites of their story. They all blinked in confusion. What were they even supposed to do, seeing the two skeletons who suddenly invaded their home fighting so hard in the mostly white space around them? It was terrifying of course, but not anything they wanted to interfere with.

Ink couldn't take his colored eyes off them. Especially the alternative version of himself. He was scared by how the owner of the world had given up completely on it. He could feel why- they thought it was a worthless idea. Something that should just remain abandoned.

In that case... why protect it so much? Why protect worlds like these? He wouldn't be able to feel much from them and it just reminded him of how.. useless he could really be sometime. Even if he did accept every feeling, it wasn't exactly uplifting or motivating for when he needed to save more worlds.

But he needed something to believe in, so he could feel. He needed to save the universes. He needed to keep going so he didn't end up like another scrapped and forgotten piece of paper.

He didn't have another soul to rip apart.

Ink kept splashing color everywhere, hoping to create something of his own to make up for the lack of, well, anything, while dodging anything that came his way. But it was growing harder and harder.. he couldn't think like this.. but he couldn't fail them either. At this rate Ink was painting much more than attacking or defending himself.

Error had only continued throwing his attacks, dodging almost every attack thrown at him. While some hit him, most didn't. He had been paying pretty close attention the the other before him, thinking off all the possibilities to take the other out.

That had been when he noticed the other  slowing down with the attacks and becoming rather distracted. Now, he didn't know why, but he didn't care about why either.

He had taken advantage of this and only threw more attacks, seeming to have been much more determined then before. He was finally going to find a way to get rid of that stupid anomaly once and for all.

Error grinned in victory as he could already feel that he had been going to win. He didn't care about Ink, not even at the slightest. Or so he thought. He didn't really pay attention to his feelings all that often since he knew that it'd distract him from his job. He was finally going to get Ink out of his way so he could finish what he needed.

He wanted Ink out of his way once and for all. He had been pretty determined too. He eventually made a bone wall to both sides of Ink, having blocked any exit, other than going backwards, but that had been part of his plan. He had trapped Ink, and continued to throw attacks to Ink couldn't escape and would eventually get hit.