II.

Dear Diary,
It is Tuesday, February 4th, 2019. I've been kinda trippin since yesterday afternoon. It's something about the conversation Semére and I had about Mr. Birthwaite. About how I should go with the flow and talk to him. But how? I haven't had a real relationship since my junior year of high school, and that didn't even make it to my sophomore year of college. I talked to my therapist about this, and she said I hold myself back way too much since my last relationship. I should do this. But what about his baby mama? And DeNali? I know she doesn't want her father dating her teacher. And I don't know if I'm ready for sex, because evidently he's already there if he has living and breathing proof. Ugh, but his smile is just-

"Diana, did you accept it?" Semére followed me around the apartment like a lost puppy, snapping me out of my journal mode.

"No! It's just sitting in my notifications. I got my privacy settings on maximum security how the fuck he find me?"

"Right? It's not like your name is the most unique name... like Semére." She laughed.

"Bitch... anyway I'm not about to accept this I don't have relationships outside of Roosevelt  besides you and you barely made it!"

"Bitch! You know you loveee me! Now hand me the phone." She motion to snatch it but I jerked back too fast.

"Girl! Stop!"

"Come onnn! Stop blocking ya' blessings!"

We played tug of war with my phone until my hand slipped because of my lotion.

I checked my phone to see that she did, in fact, accept his friend request.

"You are something else!" I shoved her in a non serious way.

"Girl you're welcome! Now come on it's already 7 and class starts at 8:30. You're driving by the way." She tossed me my jacket from the coat rack.

"If that's the case, since I paid for breakfast yesterday you paying for lunch! And I want Panera bitch!"

We play all day, but that's my sis.

We talk for a little more and finally make it to the school and go to our classes. Of course I meet my children by their cubbies. The cutest little thing to me, it makes me want my own when I have the time.

"Good morning Lani, are we still on red today?"

"Yes Ms. Jones! I mean who knows, I might try blue next week." She smiled and skipped off.

"She better not sit by me! Girls have cooties!" Another student, Rakeem, told the other boys.

"Well if girls have cooties, that means your mommy has them, and she kisses you everyday before you leave for school doesn't she?" I shot back.

"Eww! Keem got them cooties!" Timothy yelled and made the whole class laugh.

"Hey man! It's different for mama and Ms. Jones! They old-"

"Hey! Quiet Coyote! Class I know I've been letting you have more fun, especially with it being Black history month. But now we need to focus on our shapes and numbers. Everyone to the rug!" I snapped my fingers and everyone scattered their little feet to their destinations.

I was just about to meet them when I heard a knock at the door. Like I said, I don't play that school shooter shit so my door is always locked, but I saw it was DeNali and her father, so I let them in.

"Sorry we're late, DeNali had a bit of an accident this morning." He looked down at her and chuckled, and she gave him a scrunched up mad face.

"It's not funny!" She stomped back and folded her arms.