X.

Friday, February 14th, 2019

Dear Diary,
After four years, I finally decided to get back into the dating scene. I took some time to heal myself, letting Tyrell take me out on this double date with our friends and then our own quality time. But before the night always comes the day, and of course I planned out a super fun party for my class, after staying up til 1 in the morning to help DeNali with her treat bags of course. I've seem to be over their house a lot lately as well, to the point we're driving to school together and Tyrell comes to pick her up. I almost forgot what my own apartment looks like, doesn't matter though. I'll finally be back there tonight to get ready for my first real date.

I'll keep you posted,
Diana.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ms. Jones!" Lani ran in, holding a tiny red bag in her hand. "This is for you! I made it myself!"

"Thank you, Lani! What is it?"

"Open! Open!"

I opened the bag to see a very bright and multicolored charm bracelet with green ribbon holding it together.

"Aww Lani I love it!"

"You're welcome." She smiled.

I adjusted the bracelet onto my left arm. " I promise to never take it off. Alright class, before we get into our Valentine's Day activities, I want to make sure everyone knows the rules."

"No running, no yelling, no hitting, and everyone must get a gift." The class said in unison.

"That's right, granted I know some of you probably don't like the others as much, you wouldn't want to feel left out, so don't you leave them out, ok? Now who wants to go first?"

"I do!" DeNali raised her hand.

Because I stayed up making treat bags with her, I know which students are getting heart stickers and which ones are getting smiley faces. She doesn't like the ones who get the smiley faces.

"Okay DeNali, you can start and Timothy will go after you."

"Happy Valentine's Day!" DeNali's mother, Desirée came in, with cupcakes and more treat bags.

"Ms. Scott, such a surprise! And you've brought more goodies for the class!"

"Yeah, I know Tyrell doesn't know the first thing about making treat bags so I thought I just surprise my baby and do it myself!"

"Thank you mommy!" She ran up to hug her.

"Of course, my love."

"Ms. Jones, now I have more treats to give to the class!" DeNali beamed.

"More? You mean your daddy actually went to the store and did a DIY?"

"Well-"

"Daddy went to the store, and Ms. Jones taught him how to do it, and we stayed up last night and make treat bags!"

ah, fuck.

Ms. Scott looked up at me, then smiled. "Oh, okay. That's awfully nice of Ms. Jones. I'm sure she'd do that for the rest of her class if she could-"

"Ms. Scott why don't you stay and help chaperone for the party? I normally don't get much help on Valentine's Day than I do Christmas. I'm sure DeNali would be happy."

"I'd be honored." She says down the cupcakes, inviting the kids to take one while the kids starting passing out their candy bags.

My saving grace, Semére finally knocked on the door. "Ms. Jones, can you step outside really quick?"