XV.

"So that's it? He just wants you to move in just like that?" Semére scrunched her face up.

"Yeah, and it's like I worked my ass off for everything I have. I'm not trying to be a drug lord's housewife you feel me?"

"Well he sure did knock you up, you're tied to him for a good 18 years, might as well get compensated for it."

"Girl please, this ain't no compensation. I gotta give up everything I worked for to breed with this man? Sounds like a trap."

"Apparently, you love the trap life." Semére chuckled.

We were currently on our way to a staff meeting. School was canceled for the students today, but we have the luxury of leaving at noon.

"How am I gonna tell these people that I'm carrying? You know church folks and coworkers are the messiest people."

"I say you just tell principal Santiago and let everybody figure out when you all of a sudden go on maternity leave."

"What about my class?"

"And let DeNali run and tell her mama and have her blow this bitch up like Hiroshima? I don't think so."

"Speaking of which, bitch did you schedule a braid appointment with her for today?"

"Yes, I mean shit just because she a bitch don't mean the bitch isn't talented plus she giving me a discount because I work here."

"The betrayal." I shook my head.

"Bitch you're acting like I ate her pussy!"

"Shh! Why are you so loud?"

"You act like I give a damn about this staff, fuck this staff!" She laughed out loud, opening the door to the conference room and letting me walk ahead of her.

"Good morning teachers and staff!" Principal Santiago started. "As you all know, MAP testing is starting soon, as well as our 2 month countdown until the end of the year!"

She started clapping, waiting for someone to join in the dry applause.

She stopped clapping and cleared her throat. "Anyways, we need methods to keep our students motivated these final critical months of the semester. Grading ends May 11th, school ends May 15th. How do we keep attendance high the last week? Any suggestions?"

Semére raised her hand, causing Santiago to sigh since she always gives the ideas. "Yes, Ms. Farhan?"

"I say we do a spirit week the last week, and on the last day we can have a field day?"

The meeting went on, planning and scheduling dates to the computer labs for student testings and a whole bunch of boring stuff we could spend hours on. I spent majority of the meeting thinking of what I wanted to eat and thinking about this child chilling on my bladder, causing me to pee ever so often.

"Excuse me everyone." I got up to head to the restroom.

"Ms. Jones, is everything alright?" Ms. Santiago called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine, it's just this baby." I said without thinking.

And then I realized...

"oh shit, pregnancy brain strikes again." Semére said lowly, then erupting in laughter.

The whole conference room gasped and went to immediate congratulations and well wishes.

"See, I told you she was looking just a little bloated than normal." One of the other teachers said.