Chapter 12

Souls POV
Back then, i lived with a family with talented musicians, Wes played the violin, and I played the piano. Me and Wes we're pretty popular, but since Wes was older than me, they payed more attention to him. I hated how people, including my parents, would always compare me to Wes, those idiots are basically comparing piano and violin. Such dumb people, I would barely get any compliments, only tips on how to be better and how creepy my songs were After I found out about my weapon powers, I took this as an opportunity to leave my music life. People thought that I should've stayed and keep practicing to be as good as Wes, but i didn't want that, they didn't understand me, no one did. Well that's what I used to think. But then I met maka.
♥︎
Wes came backstage after he was done playing, and then he saw me with maka with a surprised face and walked towards me.

"Hey soul! How have you been? I heard you became a death scythe, impressive." Said Wes. Maka looked at him, then looked back to me with confusion.

"Is this the pretty lady who turned you into a death sythe?" Wes greeted maka by grabbing her hand and giving it a kiss, maka was shocked and slightly blushed. I grabbed Wes by the wrist because I was pretty mad

"Keep your hands off my girlfriend" I growled

"Woah, calm down there soul. Wow, I can't believe my baby brother has a girlfriend, how cute"

"W-wait, baby brother?!" Maka yelled with confusion, I guess I always forgot to tell her about Wes, I never really found the right time to.

"That's right, I never told you about him. Maka, this is Wes, my older brother. Wes this is maka, my girlfriend and meister." I explained to them. Maka grabbed my hand and greeted Wes.

"It's a pleasure meeting one of souls family members! My name is maka albarn!"

Wes wanted to catch up so he asked if he could come over, i hesitated but agreed. Then the spokesperson of the talent show spoke up

"Alright it's time to declare the winner!"

Maka put both her hands together praying that I would win

"And the winner is... SOUL EATER EVANS! OUR FAVORITE DEATH SCYTHE!! COME ON DOWN SOUL!" The man declared. Wow! I actually won, I finally beat my brother In something! Maka looked at me with the biggest smile and hugged me tightly, i walked to the stage with maka and bowed, the crowd was cheering for me, they were happy I won, then I also saw the gang in the corner of my eye, chanting my name, and Wes applauding for me. This feeling...I've never felt so happy actually being on stage.

"You did it soul!" Maka happily said,

"I...I did! And now we're rich! Oh yeah!" I say with excitement. After the contest, me and the gang met up

"You did amazing out there soul! You were shining like the star I am!" Blackstar said, can the guy ever say something nice without comparing someone to him? Anyways, then kid congratulated me with a headband

"Here! I made sure the headband was symmetrical, so you don't have to worry!"

"uhh thanks!"

"Woah who's that man who looks like soul!?" Patty yelled and pointed behind me, she was pointing at Wes
"Oh, guys, this is my older brother Wes"

"BROTHER?!" They all yell at the same time

"Yes...brother, or did you guys not hear me?" I got a little annoyed. They all greeted him and after that, we finally started heading home. When we arrived, Blair was in her cat form
"You guys have a cat? It's so pretty, what's her name?" Wes asked, then Blair turned into her human form with only a small bikini