Chapter 2

Slowly opening my eyes I could feel the most comfortable bed I have ever felt in my life! I turned my head and...what is this dirty room I am in! Didn't I died with my brother and- "Le! Where is he!?" I took off the bed covers that were wrapped around me in an uncomfortable tightness. "Yes?" I heard a tired reply back.

I turn my head and see a rather cute little boy with long silver mix gray hair that is tied by a blue ribbon, a familiar dark blue eyes staring back at me, and wearing a butler suit. He sat down next to me after he got up from the floor, concern can be seen in his beautiful dark blue eyes.

His eyes. "Le?"

I hesitated to move towards him as a small smile took over. Reaching over to hold his face against my hands as tears appear in my eyes again.

"L-Li? Is that you? What happened to us?"

Filled with bubbly happiness I quickly hugged him against me. I raised my head to the sideway for him to rest his head against the crook of my neck.

"Shhh-everything is okay. Big sister got you..."

Lyle wrapped his arms around my waist and rested comfortably against me. Mumbling against my neck, I could feel his breath when he spoke, he said. "Li, what happened? The last thing I remember was father beating you up. I-I didn't want to see you in pain anymore..."

Sighing, I raised my hand to rub his hair. Comforting him is the only thing I could do at the moment. I could remember when he was young, always comforting me after my session with our father. Whispering in my ear: promising when he's older he will take me away from the house.

"Shh-after...after you got hurt I couldn't stay weak anymore. I-I had to do it, Le. After the event, I grab you and run off...But then there was this bright light and...I-I guess we died."

We both stayed silent for a while. I could hear birds chirping outside with the sun being bright as ever.

We both hugged each other for a least whole minute, feeling the sunlight on my skin as warmth covered us. Lyle smiled at me with his bright dark blue eyes. "It's okay Li. I'm actually happy for what you did, don't ever think any less. And throwing that sad stuff aside, why do you think the afterlife gave us a new appearance?"

He is right. Looking at him he never had a gray mix with silver hair, never been that young, he doesn't have his scars, but the only similar appearance he had before we died is his eye's color. But the weird part is: I don't feel uncomfortable with his new appearance. He is still the same little brother that I know of but there is this small sting in my heart that he might be a little different. Even if he turned out different, I will still love him no matter what.

Getting lost in thought Lyle reached over and took some strands of my hair. Frozen in shock I looked around the dirty dusty room for any kind of mirror. Finding a full-length mirror at the corner of the room I went towards it. Grabbing the edge of my nightgown I quickly wipe away the dusty mirror to see more clearly. Shock, I grab some of my now long blonde hair that reaches to my ankles, my clear amethyst eyes, and I'm short!

I turned to Lyle and said to him. "This can't be the afterlife. I mean have you heard of the afterlife offering a room full of dust or completely changing the person's appearance to a younger age or something?"

Lyle thought for a while.

"Are you actually thinking about it? Sigh, nevermind. Let's just think about what we should do next."

I went back to sit next to Lyle as we both relaxed against each other.

Lyle continued to play with my hair as I looked around the dusty room. On the right side, there is some jewelry vanity table filled with so much expensive jewelry that can make a princess cry. There are some dead flowers in vases that seem to be losing their color, the full-length mirror that I used to check my appearance, there is a walk-in closet filled with horrible bright flashy dresses, and I could see the furniture has some layers of dust!