Chapter 6

Who knows how long it has been waiting for the doctor again. In the corner of my eye I could still see Iris' mother is still watching us. She didn't take a seat to sit down, well she almost did until she noticed the layers of dust. The anger in her eyes was kind of funny but didn't dare to laugh out loud. Didn't know why she would be angry in the first place. 

What it felt like almost an hour the door was open. 

Coming in was the confusing mysterious Duke and behind him was a 20-ish young doctor. The young doctor came up to me but in a slow manner. As if I'm holding a bomb of some sort that he has to be careful of every step he takes. He kneels down, a couple of feet away from me and asks if he can come close. I allowed it but wanted Le to be with me. He nodded and Le stood beside me before grabbing his hand to sit beside me. 

The three adults didn’t say anything for my unusual action. 

The doctor looked at me and hesitated to take out his items. Remember back, Iris used to throw the young doctor items out of the window when her check up is done. 

….She is going to make this difficult. Ahh! Doesn’t she know her actions will cause many difficult relationships to form. 

Looking at the doctor I ask for his name.

Startled, he asked what? 

“I want to know who's name is helping me? You seem young to be a doctor so you must be very intelligent to start at a very young age.” Adding a smile in the end to seem nice and approachable. 

Which causes the opposite effect for this young doctor. I could see it in his face the doubt and suspicion he has for me. I'm just asking for his name, not asking which death is more suitable for him! Uhh, this is going to be a long way of life. 

Quietly I heard, “Edward. My name is Edward and thank you for your compliment.” 

Saying Edward out loud to test his name, I like it. Plus, being friends with your doctor is great. Mostly so that they won’t kill or purposely give me the wrong diagnosis in the future.  

Smiling at him, oh please don’t kill me in the future. 

….Okay, now he is looking 100% suspicious at me! There is no fear in his eyes but suspicious! 

Note taken! No more smiling! Because apparently, Iris won’t smile at all in front of people?

He stepped up, all fear moved away to be filled with determination. Raising both of his hands near my head, a white glow showered around my body. Raising my hands I stared at this magical white glow in amazement. Never in the modern world magic could ever exist like this. We are really in a fantasy world filled with magic!  

Staring in amazement I didn’t notice the Doctor’s expression. Confusion but fear is shown. While Iris’s parents notice, and my brother didn't. Instead, we both continue to stare and this magic. Sadly he stopped the beautiful white light that surrounded my small body. 

Pity is shown in his eyes, “I'm afraid to say that the young lady does have amnesia. It does explain to her attitude and with the injury, in the head, there was bound to be some memories missing. But it wasn’t supposed to be her whole memory.” 

Yes! With a confirmed amnesia check, Iris’s parents will believe the whole amnesia thing. 

Silently cheering inside my head with a poker mask. The Duke and Lady had a murderous expression. What? Did their plan of keeping a coma daughter didn’t work out? Wait, did they plan this? Fuck….