Chapter 4

I closed the door quietly as I could. Looking around the hall, I can tell the Wood's family is quite rich. Each picture seems to resemble a type of nature, vases full of flowers, outside through the clear glass the flower garden in full bloom. People outside work hard in the spring heat with smiles on their faces as they enjoy a glass of lemonade. I wonder if they have hardships in their life.

I continue to walk around the halls to find any clue on where the duke and lady of the house are at. Maybe I can ask someone, but would that be suspicious?

Just my luck a mid-age man wearing a butler suit holding on a tray that has some envelopes. Eh, who hasn't taken risks before. I walked up to him and decided to go with an anxious look. "Excuse me but do you know where the duke is? My lady has a problem."

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me suspiciously. Am I supposed to know him? Ahh, I knew we should have talked about situations where we don't know anyone but they know us! He continued to look at me as I could feel cold sweat behind my neck. I hate how I have to talk to adults for me and my sister to survive. He nodded and said, "Follow me."

He continued to walk from where I came from. Decided to stay quiet. I followed him to the I think it's called a tea room or something. Sigh, I need to study where the places are at to not look suspicious next time. The mid-old man opened the door and inside there are the duke and lady of the house with their youngest children. The twins, one boy, and one girl, both wear the same colors of teal and white. The lady is sitting with them as the duke is sitting across from them with a light small smile. When we opened the doors the married couple looked up as the twins still continued to eat the sweet snacks on the table.

The butler put down the tray and bowed down towards them. "The young lady's personal servant had asked for an audience with the duke. He said it's about the young lady."

The duke's eyes landed on mine as he nodded. Give me permission to speak, I said in an anxious voice. "My lady had woken up and it seems as if she can't remember who I am. I ask her a couple of questions and she can't remember who the duke family is or where she is living. She was scared but I managed to calm her down and decided to seek you for a request for her to see a doctor."

The married couple stood shocked as they rethink what I said. The twins looked up and looked at each other in concern with their cheek cover in cream from the snacks. The young girl said, "Is big sister, okay? Mommy and daddy said she will sleep for a long time..."

The boy continued to say. "Daddy said going to sleep can help you get better, why is big sister not getting better?"

They looked at each other again and I swear the myth about twins could read each other's mind is real. They both nodded their heads and stood up, the twins took some snacks and said at the same time, "We are going to see big sister!"

They attempt to run but the duke told the butler to stop them and put them back in their room. The mid-age man blocks the twins from their path and picks them up by their waist. Both struggled and yelled at the butler to let them go.

When they both left, it was just me and the married couple. Fuck, I feel like I'm a rabbit in a lion's den. 

In the book, the family didn't really love Iris. I was surprised that the twins made an attempt to go see Iris and even went as far as calling her 'big sister'.

The Duke stood up and lent a hand for the lady. They both turned to me and with a serious face the duke said, "Take me to her."

Oh no, my dearest sister please be ready. The duke and lady seem serious and concerned. That should never happen, they should ignore me and say okay about the doctor. They should not even come and see you in person if they hated the daughter. But why is this happening, did I misread the book about them hating their daughter? Sigh, please be mentally and emotionally ready my dearest sister.