4: Come on Dingette

4: 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝐷𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒

༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄

Alex PoV
I blushed as Robin dragged me down the corridor in the direction of the cinema. She had me by the wrist and I was thinking about what Steve had said.

"Correction Babe. You are in Love with her."

The words kept going around in my head like a never ending merry go round.

I had only met her today. I could not LOVE her. Could I?

I shook my head and tried to concentrate on what was happening.

"Soooo..." Robin trailed off. "You and Dingus? Why, when and how?"

I looked at her in confusion. "What the fuck do you mean?"

"You and Dingus." She repeated. "When did you start dating?"

I finally realised what she was implying.

"Honey, i don't think you realise. Stevie may have a crush on me, but he can never be with me as I don't like boys." I said, matter-of-factly.

Her eyes widened in realisation, and a look of joy crosses her face for a second.

"UH SaMe." She SaId cAlmLy.

I felt like jumping with joy. There was a chance she liked me!

"Cool. Cool. Coolio." I said, trying to sound casual.

She shrugged, but she was clearly BLUSHING.

She grabbed my hand and I stared down at our intertwined fingers in shock.

"Come on Dingette, let's go."

Suddenly like a mad woman, she took off running.

Not seconds later Robin stopped suddenly and I ran into her knocking her to the ground. She had hold of my wrist so she brought me down with her and i landed on top of her with an SLAM.

"OMG Robin I am so sorry!" I blurted scrabbling up and offering her my hand to pull herself up.

I covered my face with my hands in embarrassment.

Slowly I pulled them away from my face as I heard a sound.

I thought I had hurt Robin and the sound i was hearing was her crying so I opened my eyes slowly and was prepared to start apologising again.

But, what I saw was Robin Buckley rolling around on the ground laughing.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I offered her my hand again and this time she excepted it and pulled herself up. She was doubled over with laughter. I didn't know exactly what she was laughing about, but you know they say that laughter is infectious so in found myself laughing with her.

She pulled herself up and we finally made it to the movie theatre, though we had missed the start. We snuck in and sat in the back. The cinema was packed, but to me that didn't matter. It was as if it was just Robin and I. I wish it was that way.

Halfway through the movie Robin slowly put her head down on my shoulder.

I went rigid with fear. I didn't know what else to do so i put my head on top of hers and tried to relax.

....

Robin PoV

I knew I was taking a risk, leaning my head on her shoulder and I instantly regretted it.

She stiffened up and I felt like dying. Only seconds later though, she relaxed and put her head on top of mine. I was almost certain that she liked me back now. I put my arm on our shared armrest and tried to concentrate on the movie.

What was wrong with me? I am never usually like this. Do I have a crush on her? If so this is even worse than the time I had a crush on Tammy Thompson.

I felt something on my hand.

I looked down in shock. She was holding my hand, staring confidently forward like nothing was happening.

I felt like bursting with happiness. I stared forward also, but I was not watching the movie.

When the lights went on, i sat up straight suddenly, blinking in shock at the sudden brightness.

Reluctantly I tore my hand away from Alex's. She stood up and brushed herself down.

"Come on." She said, looking at me for the first time since the movie started.

She stared at me for a second before moving towards the exit.

I bit my lip and ran after her.

"Do you mind if we take a detour?" She says glancing at me.

I nodded. "Sure. Why?"

"Im starting work tomorrow, and Steve agreed to leave my uniform outside for me to collect." She explained.

I nodded. "So your starting work at scoops? Cool."

She smiled brightly and reached for my hand.

"Come on Dingette." She said, still smiling.

I smiled back. I knew i was blushing, but she was too, so I didn't mind for once.

She dragged me along behind her, running through the empty mall. Our laughter echoed around. I felt blissfully happy.

We turned a corner suddenly and came to a halt outside Scoops. We both bent down to pick up the bundle of clothes at the same time.

We were both on our hunches collecting the clothes that had managed to escape from the disorderly pile Steve had had them in.

We bumped heads and looked up at each other.

"I'm sorry!" She laughed.

"Don't worry about it!" I assured.

And there we were. Two girls on our knees in the middle of Starcourt mall with a crush on each other (I hope). And she was staring deep into my eyes.

I glanced down at her lips and back up to her eyes and she did the same.

I started to lean in and she did too.

SUP.

I left on a cliffhanger oh yes i did.

Fun fact:

I was listening to girl in red as i was writing this.

ill update soon.

bye bitches.