17: Mrs Clickity-Clackity

17: 𝑚𝑟𝑠 𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑡𝑦-𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑡𝑦

༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄༄

T

W!! NEEDLES

Robin PoV
I couldn't help it. the situation we were in was so ridiculous, i started laughing.

"Hey, its ok, its ok." Steve atempted to reassure me, "dont cry. Robin"

It didnt take him long to realise i wasnt crying though, because my giggles grew louder and louder.

"Are you laughing?"

that just made me laugh even harder.

"Yeah" I managed to choke out

"jesus" steve groaned.

"im so sorry!" i spluttered.

"you remind me of Alex when you do that." steve said.

The mention of alex made me think. "so whats her story?" i enquired, my laughs finally subsiding.

"she comes to hawkins almost every summer since she was like five, we became friends when she biked over to my neighbourhood and fell off her bike right infront of my house. I gave her a band aid and she gave me a candy bar and it was friendship at first knee injury, and then autumn of 83' she was sent here for a month because she got suspended from her school for smoking in the boys bathrooms and her mother's 'weak heart' couldnt take her behaviour. she biked over to Mike's house to collect Dustin the night Will disappeared and became all tangled up in that mess, she and i had briefly fallen out the year before, so we weren't really speaking to each other. I always begged her to come live here, so i could sit next to her in class."

I chuckled slightly.

"what?"

"its just, do you remeber mrs clicks sophmore history class?"

"what?"

i swear 'what' is the only word in thst man-childs vocabulary.

"Mrs Clickity-Clackity. That's what us band dweebs called her." I told him.

He sighed loudly.

"It was first period," I continued, "Tuesdays and Thursdays, so you were always late. And you always had the same breakfast. Bacon, egg and cheese on a sesame bagel. I sat behind you, two days a week for a year, yet I know Alex better than you. Mister Funny, Mister Cool.The king of Hawkins High himself." It was kind of depressing to think about it. "Do you even remember me from that class?"

Steve didn't answer. Of course he didn't. I was nobody. He was everybody.

"Of course you don't." I pause. "You were a real asshole, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know." Steve admitted.

I guess lying beaten up, tied to a chair in a Russian lab underneath an oblivious mall, with seeminly no hopes of ecape or survival does something to you. Steve Harrington admitting he was wrong? Maybe he had brain damage.

"But it didn't even matter." I admit, "It didn't even matter that you were an ass. I was still..." I stopped for a moment. "obsessed with you. Even though all of us losers pretended to be above it, we still just wanna be popular... accepted, normal."

"If it makes it any better having all those things isn't all that great." Steve said. "Seriosly." He sighed. "It just baffles me. Everything that people tell you is important, everything that people say you should care about, It's just..." He chuckled "...Bullshit. But I guess you gotta mess up to figure things out, right"

"I hope so..." I sighed wistfully. "I feel like my whole life has been... one big error."

Steve snorted at that, holding back a laugh.

"Yep." Steve agreed laughing.

"At least it can't get anymore messed up than this!" I added.

"You know, I wish i'd known you in Click's class."

"Yeah?"

"Really, I do. Maybe you coulda helped me pass the class! " He joked. "Maybe instead of being here i could be on my way to college right now." The playful tone had slipped from his voice and an edge of seriousness had crept in.

"And I would have no idea that there were evil Russians beneath our feet and i would be happily slinging ice cream with Alex or some other schmuck"

"Gotta say though," Steve said, "I liked being your schmuck. It was fun while it lasted."

We were both begign to accept the inevitable. Alex, Dustin and Erica were probabaly safe back up in Hawkins. I was happy about that. She's such an amazing person and the feelings i have afround her are different to anybody else, even Tammy Thompson. I wish we had got to say goodbye. I think I love her. If we ever get out of this hellhole, im going to to tell her.

It's a shame we never will.

"It was." I agreed.

Suddenly a buzzer sounded and the door sung open.

The Russian officer marched in.

He laughed sadistically at us laying on the floor.

"Where were you two going?" His accent was thick and he smiled evily.

He tutted as a soldier who had came with him pulled us up, still tied to the chairs.

Steve was breathing heavily as he walked around infront of him.

"Try telling the truth this time, yes?" He said. "It will make your visit with Dr Zarkov less painful."

I knew it was going to be painful either way.

He pulled at Steve's jaw making him wince in pain. "Wait a second. wait a second, hold on!" Steve tried to bargin as a thin doctor clad in a white robe and black apron, carrying a vial of Aqua blue liquid strode around infront of him. "Okay. Wait, wait, wait what is that thong?" He asked, the fear cracking through his voice.

"It will help you talk." The doctor smirked menacingly.

"Did you even clean that thing!" Steve yelled in a last desperate attempt, nut it was no use.

The doctor lifted his neck and plunged the needle far into it, as Steve let out a scream of pain. The doctor pushed the sytinge down all the way, until not a drop remained in the bottle.

Holy fuck.

Sorry if this is short,
I just had to get something
out, longer chapters coming
soon!
V

ote and comment pls