6 Balls And It's A Date

A wide grin spread out on his face, he tucked my dark curly hair behind my ear with his face closed in on mine
"I know you fancy me but this is a little too fast don't you think my love" he whispered
I let out a laugh and snorted,
"you're quite full of yourself you know that right" I said pushing him back.

His face was the epitome of sheer confusion "i mean fake dating" I said whispering into his ear, he cleared his throat
"um- of course I knew that,"
"that was simply a jest" he said flashing his very charming smile.
"So what do you think? the mamas will certainly back off if they think you're courting me,"
"hm that is indeed true and very clever but why would you do that for me? What would you benefit from this alliance." He asked

"Well aside from the fact that I would be repaying my debt of you saving me back there this also benefits me, if one shows interest the others will follow and maybe I might find someone decent before the end of this season."
"So you want to use me?" he said
"Yes" I said softly
"But it's okay and fair since you'd be using me too."

He laughed "I like how you think, I'm definitely very intrigued by your offer but I have very important matters to tend to"
He said looking at his watch
"so tomorrow at Biscutieers noon,"
"yes" I replied.
He bowed and turned around to leave but I held his hand and drew him closer,
"If you want this to work you need to send flowers tomorrow. EXPENSIVE ones.
he smiled taking my hand
"EXPENSIVE ones" he repeated, placing a kiss on my hand and just like that, he was gone.

In the morning I had a massive headache but I hadn't taken a single sip of wine last night so this was rather odd, a knock from the other side of the door had me moaning turning around and covering my ears with a pillow, "not so loud Lola please" she rushed in holding flowers, "this arrived for you lady eve" she said.
I quickly turned around and sprung out of bed, white lily's and baby's breath my favourites. With a note, "looking forward to seeing you today"
<3 D.H

My heart skipped a beat and I suddenly felt nervous like he was really courting me, grabbing Lola by the arm and dragging her into the dressing room
"I must find something beautiful to wear" after an hour and a half lola had worked her magic and I was looking at myself in an emerald Green dress with buttons going all the way down and my curly hair in an updo, I looked stunning I posed and twirled around the mirror and hugged "Lola you're a magician my own personal fairy godmother,"
"the pleasure is all mine" she said with a smile.

I grabbed the flowers to put into water and headed downstairs,
"going somewhere"?
mother's voice filled the room, "um yes I'm headed to biscutieers to have tea with the Duke"
"the Duke" she repeated with a smile "well I won't hold you much longer run along and make sure you're seen by lots of people,"
"yes mama" I replied.

I had considered walking there but mama insisted I took a carriage, the carriage pulled up and there he was, dressed in a red suite that complimented his skin he held out his hands leading me out of the carriage,
"I was starting to think our conversation last night was a jest and you weren't going to show up,"
I let out a laugh
"I assure you nothing I said was a joke" we walked in and the place got quiet with all eyes on us, "this is not gonna work" I whisper, "we absolutely cannot speak about our plan here,"
"I know a place" he said grabbing my hand and leading me to his carriage.

"Where are we going" I said after a little while of silence
"my house" he said with a wink,
I laughed and pushed his shoulder "I'm serious.
"as am i" he said
I rubbed my hands together and looked outside the window with the strange realisation that I've never been to a man's house alone before, I usually always went with mama or I was accompanied by my brother but it wasn't like the Duke was actually courting me so this would be just like visiting a friends house.
I took a deep breath and suddenly we had arrived already, the house was huge and beautiful even bigger than ours we went in and he led me to the library.

"We can talk freely here" he said breaking the silence
" and lady Danbury" I asked,
"she's out for a luncheon with friends,"
hm I nodded walking and looking around the library also occasionally touching things here and there, "have a seat" he said pulling out a chair,
I took a seat and brought out a pen and paper from the pocket of my dress, he laughed and shook his head.
something funny? I asked, no no nothing he said clearing his throat
"rule number" one I wrote down "no skinship,"
"I object" he said
"don't you think people will find it rather odd if I'm to be courting you and I can't touch you?"
"Well I suppose that would come off very suspicious, holding hands is allowed no kissing you can also grab my waist and nothing further,"
"you can touch my face" he said
"but trying to undress me is totally off limits." I laughed
"okay 7 balls"
" no, 6" he said
" I suppose 6 will have to do."

How about hair he asked, "can I touch your hair"
my heart skipped a beat at that question.
I quickly got up and walked towards the shelf trying to change the subject and reaching for a book.

"And lastly no one can know about th-
I stopped mid sentence, he was behind me I turned around and we were so close I could feel his hot minty breath on my neck when he spoke.

"can I touch your hair he said lowering his face to mine, my breath hitched and my hands found his soft hair and his hands wrapped around my waist I inched even closer and whispered, yes.

PLS do vote on the chapters and be sure to let me know your thoughts