A Friend

"I don't think I've ever been to Palace as often as I have these past few days," I whispered to flavia who was sat beside me in an orange strapless dress, she giggled "neither have I" the carriage came to a halt "we've arrived" said the footman my heart thumped with expectation the carriage door opened and the smile fell off my face,

It was Charles "I almost thought you weren't going to show up" he said taking my hand, that's quite alright I said holding my dress and stepping out myself, Charles? Flavia said with a smile on her face "flav" he said taking her hand, "I knew our paths would one day cross again."
"what are you doing here" she asked "I'm the queen's first cousin" he said, "well this is quite a surprise" She said looking confused.

"How do you two know each other" I asked, "he's the person I travelled with.." Charles.
"Oh" I said surprised
"well I'll leave you two to catch up I have to find someone,"
but- Charles protested but I was already gone holding my dress with my hands I walked as fast as my legs could carry me into the ball the sound of classic music filled my ears and my eyes wandered off to people on the dance floor searching for him, I took a left turn to the musume hoping he was there looking at paintings but he wasn't, the hallway was empty

I walked up stairs to the piano room but he wasn't there either I took a seat in front of the piano and played an original song I was working on, I wanted to leave already I didn't want to have to share a dance with Charles and there was no one else I was particularly interested in dancing with so I grabbed my purse and headed down the stairs to leave and there he was looking dashing in his all black attire with gold details going all the way down with a smile on his face, that smile...

"I assumed you weren't going to show up" I said in a corse tone making my way down the steps "eve"
he said "taking my hand you look amazing,"
"well all this was for nothing as I am now leaving,"
"wait" he said holding on to my hand
"I apologise for showing up so late there was a situation back home and I couldn't just leave until I was sure everything was alright."

"one dance just one dance then you can leave if you would still like to,"
"it would be a shame if none of the suitors saw you dance in that beautiful dress" he said. I turned around looking at him "just one dance,"
" okay" he said smiling and pulling me in by my waist, my hands found his neck and his face buried into mine, "what kind of situation was it? "

"Huh" he asked
"at home I said what kind of situation was it."
"Father fainted and we had to rush him to the physician but thankfully everything is okay"
"oh" I said
"he looked sad now the smile wiped off his face my hands cupped his face you're alright right?"
"Yes I'm fine" he said giving me a half smile You know I'm actually glad I met you" he said kissing my palm, I really need a friend right now... "A friend" I repeated softly.

PLS do vote on the chapters and be sure to let me know your thoughts