Chapter 1

My breath was steady as I griped the coarse surface of the bat, my eyes focused, the world slowed, and i swung.

"wow! for once you actually hit the Ball"

I turned and walked off the base ignoring the asswholes coment and giving the next person in line. I hate gym class, its the one class where im forced to use my below average athleticism instead of my far superior intilect. I know that sounds cocky but Its not like im saying that their aren't smarter people than me, their are its just that im more... perceptive than most. Mabey its because i watch a lot of movies, or mabey I just work like that but whatever it is its my strongest attribute.

I snapped out of my daydreaming as i heard a loud crash from the east school parking lot behind the field i turned to my Friend arin as we nodded to each other. The teacher didnt notice as we broke away from the group and headed to the school parking lot, he was too busy keepinng the rest of the class calm. We didn't wast any time we were curious to see if anything could make this day more excited, but we weren't ready for what it would meen. when we turned the corner we were greeted by a horifying sight a cop cruiser had crashed into the wall and inside was a decaying cop who looked to be have been dead for hours.... but.. he wasn't.. he was... moving, the officer stood up and started lumbering to wards us with his mouth hanging open making a unsetling gurgling noise

"holly shit! what the fuck is that thing!" I was unable to keep my silence.

"What the fuck" arin echoed my words.

I was unable to move as the creature lunged at me pining me to the floor and smashing my head and the cold cement

"Jeasus fucking christ!"  I pushed its head off me and rolled over before i could stand arin ran towards it screaming

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD!"  in his hand he held a large peice of concrete he raised it above his head splatered the creaturs brains across the floor.

"HOLLY SHIT, are you ok!?"

"yeah, I think so damn, what was that thing"

"I dont know" before we could rekindle are thoughts there was another explosion of sound; screams. we nodded and peeked around the corner to catch a glimpse of the horror we had avoided. chasing our classmates was a Oceanus mob of decaying.. walking.. corpses! it was at this point our instincts kicked in and before we made a break for the back entrance I darted towards the mangeled body of the police officer and started searching for his gun.

"What are you doing, we need to find mera and sandy!"  I ignored his urgent pleas as I rolled over the body revealing a holster and inside it a Beretta 42 handgun

"looking for this" I replied as I pulled the gun from the holster, it was heavier than I had expected.

"OK let's go." imeadiatly we both darted into the back door turning the corner almost crashing into two girls.

"sandy! mera! we were looking for for you we need to go!"  Arin was speaking in a sence of urgency it seemed strange.

"Woah what the fuck are you talking about"  sandy seemed almost angry at him it wasn't anything I wasn't used too. sandy was a senior while me and Arin were sophomores witch made them a odd couple. a lot if people thought Arin was younger than he was even though he was held back a couple years and was just as old as sandy.

"there's no time we need to leave now" I broke. away from my thoughts to interject.

" all you need to know is we're in danger" after a moment sthey both realized the gravity of the situation, mera broke the silence

"ok, let me grab a couple things from my locker, we can take my car"

"what about the others!" it was just like arin to put everyones lives before him.

"there's no time." I knew that wasn't true but if we did it would lower our survival chances.

"lets go"  Mera was my older sister the middle child. She was smart, top of her class even, although she had a bad habit of selling herself short, our older sister veronica always teases her about it.