chapter 5

it didn't take long to clean up the body, no one seemed to question it but they didn't help. after I dragged the body wrapped in he carpet out side I came back inside to see my fellow companions starring at me in confusion and fear.

"don't act like im the bad guy." I scanned there eyes,

"he was a scumbag he didn't deserve to live he was weak and cowardly." I slowly began to walk towards the kitchen

"search the house for anything of use well take Jason's truck"

"j-jake" every fiber of my being told me to apologize but I couldn't. I was done being the nice guy, the quite guy, the guy that's so sweet. I had to step up for once in my life. I turned my head and stared sharply at mera,

"did I stuter!?" she winced a little, I could tell the words cut her deep.

"we need to move quickly, that shot was probably heard at least a couple blocks and I doubt that we're the only ones here." she slowly nodded and slowly one by one we cleaned the house out.

It took us only a few hours to clean it out. we threw the food abd ammo in the back of the truck and and closed the canopy. I got into the passenger seat, arin and veronica got in the back seat and mera drove.

"where to now?" I thought for minute where could we go? I sat for a few minutes thinking, until mera turned on the radio. there was a bit of static then a news reporters voice

"mass hestaria has erupted throughout north american nations as some sort of viral radical virus has infected an estimated 80% of the Continents population. we advise any survivors to make there way to LA army base, as a plane leaving for europe will be leaving in 6 months... god bless us all"

"god can't save us now" it was arins voice who carried the words that we were all thinking.

"no but we can" I replied placing my hand on arins shoulder, he smiled at me and in his eyes i saw look, a look that said

help, and as I looked into everyone's eyes I saw the same look.

"we're heading for LA"