1|| 𝙇𝙀𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍

12/19/20| 2277 words
Edit: removed Carson from the story. Replaced with Josh :)

"Well, men? Verdict?" The mans voice was hushed, like he was telling the group a secret he had to hide from everyone else.

"I dunno man.." Josh shook his head indecisively. "Schlatt? What do you think?"

I sat up a bit upon being called on. I was hunched over the table, my turkey sandwich only a few inches away from my gaping mouth. Oh how I yearned to sink my teeth into the crisp bread. Its appetizing scent taunting me as I reluctantly lowered my arms. My gaze switched from the two, I wish I had a clue what on earth they were talking about - I wasn't really listening. I simply shrugged.

"Definitely a fag." Cooper shook his head, nonchalantly peeking at the assumably homo which sat behind where I was sitting.

"Who?" I turned my body to see who they were referring to, my eyes landed on some brunette kid. He, unlike most others in the cafeteria, wasn't eating. He instead had a guitar cradled in his arms, gently strumming on the strings as he spoke to a man next to him. He had such a wide smile, an unusually wide smile seeming as it was Tuesday, nobody ever smiled on Tuesdays. Perhaps they were talking about something funny.

"William S." Noah sneered. "Hes this weird kid, I think hes insane or something."

"I had him in science last year. A buddy once told me he once got really pissed off, and slammed Oliva. P's head into the wall. Broke her nose. He got suspended for a week. " Coopers eyes widened as he looked right at me, trying to make a point.

"Oh?" I quirk up an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Hes a fucking lunatic." Cooper completed.

Josh made a loud laugh "remember that time he threatened to beat up Ted?"

A ravenette looked up from his name being called, he was sublety trying to yoink an animal cracker from Travis' opened bag on the table.

"Oh. I mean, that was like, what? Freshmen year?" Ted raised an eyebrow. Josh nodded. "Man." Was all he said.

My eyes were still glued on William across the cafeteria. He was sitting on a bench pushed up against the wall sitting with yet another student I didn't know the name of. He didn't look all that weird. Actually, he looked pretty good - maybe even better than most other students around here. He wore a dark grey turtle neck and and black ripped jeans, accompanied by a dark coloured beanie. A pair of round glasses rested on his nose - How fetch. He looked almost like a fresh styled teacher, or, like, a librarian.

Suddenly, our eyes interlocked. His expression suddenly shifted to a cold stare. A blank one. My face scrunched up, I looked away. Damn, he really is weird. Although, maybe thats an appropriate response to when someones staring at you. Now I just think I'm the weird one.

"Who the fuck sits with their siblings during lunch?" Coopers face contorted like this was the most obscene and obscure thing he could ever possibly imagine.

"Its the British people man, they're out to get 'cha!" A boy - I think by the name of Charlie - giggled. Ted loudly disagreed with his opinion in an awful British accent. This seemed to spark controversy in the group.

I, relieved to be able to happily eat without interruption again, began to chow down on my food. And oh boy, I'll tell ya, this was it. It was such a blissful moment, the first meal (and probably only) meal I'd have today. Of course, I left to school without any breakfast (my family doesn't believe in them) and sadly enough as a Junior you dont seem to get snacktime, so I'd definitely have to savor every bite of this heavenly sandwich.