Kat's Dream

I walk up to the mountain to begin my final test that my father has bestowed upon me. Still wondering why I'm taking all these tests, why do I have to do them? What do they prove? What is Father trying to accomplish?

All these thoughts resound through my head and before I know it I'm already at the top of the mountain. What is it that I have to fight against now?

I look towards the creature at the base of the mountain. Standing there is a giant 3 snake headed beast. Each with a different power. The left has the power of fire. The middle has the power of ice. The right has the power of water. Each with a mane of either fire, ice, or water around their head depending on which power it has. If you cut one head off, two more grow in its place. The beast roars and stares me down.

Let's get this over with. I release my claws and my body lights up with fire. In order to defeat the beast, I have to turn the heads against each other. I run at full speed -which is about as fast as light itself- dodging all the fire, ice, and water balls spit at me. I jump on top of the fire, snake head and shoot fire at the ice head, to make it seem like the fire head did it.

It took the bait and started shooting ice shards at the fire head. They may be intimidating, but lordy are they stupid. I hurriedly jump off the fire head before an ice shard hit me. The two heads begin to brawl, but the water head doesn't buy it. That head is the smartest after all, damn water. While the other two fight the water head shoots water balls at me. While dodging, my fire transforms into water and I shoot large amounts of water at the beast's feet. I switch to electricity and shoot the water I sprayed at its feet. The beast gets fried and falls to the ground.

The bigger they are the harder they fall I always say. I drop to the ground and change back to fire. I run towards the beast's chest and I slice it right in half grabbing it's heart and tear it to pieces. Ripping the heart in half officially kills the beast. The beast disintegrates into thin air and leaves no trace of it being there besides the shards of ice, little patches of fire, and puddles of water. That was easy, way too easy. I quickly turn around because I feel beings behind me, but they're not demonic auras. I withdraw everything, hoping nothing was seen.

The Duo, Trio, Shane, Erwin, and Lucas come out from behind the brush cautiously.

"D-did you j-just h-have c-claws?" Jason asks with a timorous face. "What the hell?"

"You j-just k-killed a giant beast!" Shane vociferates. "A-and tore its h-h-heart out with n-no expression on your f-face..."

"Did you just shoot e-electricity from your hands!?" Erwin yells appalled.

"Yes... I-I did..." I say nervously.

"H-how..." Tyler says bewildered.

I sigh. "I-I'm half... d-demon..."

Their eyes widen with anxiety. "Wha..." they all say.

I take a step towards them and they take a step back. The process repeats itself again and again.

"N-no, get away from me!" Johnny yells and runs. Everyone instantaneously follows after him away from me except Lucas, who just continues staring.

I give him pleading eyes. "Please, don't leave me alone..." I cry out.

"No, I'm not staying with some bitch with no heart, especially if they're a royal pain of a princess. A princess that takes no thought about what she kills and hurts people. The heartless princess the princess who only cares for herself. You have no soul. You're a self centered spoiled heartless princess," he says and with those parting words he leaves to regroup with the others.

I slump to the ground and begin to cry. No! This can't be happening! I love you guys so much! Please! Don't leave me alone! You've become my best friends, please come back. I never wanted this to happen... Please... Don't be afraid of me...

...

"No!" I yell and quickly sit up gasping as I do to try to prevent myself from crying. I observe my surroundings and breathe a sigh of relief. "It was just a dream... Thank, God..." I notice the wet bandana on my lap and go to reach for it but my arms seem to be suspended. I look at the ends of my arms to see Lucas holding one hand and Jason the other, both fast asleep. How they didn't hear that scream, I don't know. Why are they here? Why is my heart racing? The hell was that dream all about?

The grip on my hand tightens and I look to see the owner. Lucas stirs and the grip slowly loosens but stays holding on.

(What he said to me in that dream, did he mean it?)

'No, I'm not staying with some bitch with no heart,'

(No heart? I'm I that bad? I thought I got rid of that title... How would he know?)

'Especially if they're a royal pain of a princess.'

(Royal pain? No...)

'A princess that takes no thought about what she kills and hurts people.'

(That was a long time ago!)

'The heartless princess the princess who only cares for herself. You have no soul. You're a self centered spoiled heartless princess.'

Tears fall from my face onto my lap. (Self centered... spoiled... heartless... princess...)

I slowly lie back down, but that doesn't stop my on coming questions. How did I get in my hut? Why are they holding my hands? What's with the wet bandana? What was with that dream? Why did Lucas say those things? I'm not a heartless princess anymore, am I? Why am I... so exhausted? I close my eyes and fall asleep.

...

I'm having that same dream, again, and I sit up screaming. "No!" This time I'm met with a face full of worry looking at me.

"What's wrong!?" Lucas asks worriedly.

'Heartless princess... No soul...' Flashes through my mind.

I quickly hug him and he tenses up a little in surprise. I begin to cry. "Please, promise me, that you won't ever leave me. No matter that I'm a half demon half human."

Lucas is silent for a few seconds and returns my hug. "I promise," he says sincerely sensing that this is serious, but doesn't push about why, and that I'm truly grateful for.

His words make me happy and I cry some more. "Thank you..." He hugs me tighter while I sob into his chest. We stay like this for a while and I eventually fall back to sleep, but before I do I ask him a question. "D-do you think I'm... heartless?"

I can feel him slightly look down towards me in surprise. "Why would you think that? Of course you're not, you have the biggest heart out of all of us. You care for everyone here, you feed us and help us with whatever is needed."

I smile in both happiness and relief, knowing I don't have to worry about it anymore. "Thank you..." I say and fall asleep. After that, I didn't have that dream again.