You're the Half Angel

Behind me stood Lucas. He looks at me a little shocked. I quickly withdraw my claws.

"I already saw... so you're the half demon half human I've been looking for..." he says.

"And you're the half angel half human I've been looking for..." I say.

True, our parents could have arranged us to meet, but for some reason they wanted us to find each other.

We stare at each other and the others arrive.

(I can't believe he was next to me all this time!)

"Kat!? Lucas!?" Johnny yells limping up. "Are you okay!?"

"Why are you here?" I ask nervously still staring at Lucas. (I can't believe this!)

"We heard a loud noise and came running," Jason says.

"E-everyone?" I say and peel my eyes away from Lucas to all the others standing there.

Jason walks up to the fallen over tree -well with the eye he can see out of- and examines it tracing his fingers over the claw marks.

"Kat?" Jason says causing me to jump.

(He couldn't of figured out it was me!) "Y-yes..."

"Are you okay? What happened?" Jason asks.

"I-I'm fine... and umm..." I stutter. (Shit!)

"What happened!?" Shane yells trying to force it out of me.

"I was nearby and I rushed over to see what happened." (That was a huge lie...) I make eye contact with Lucas then quickly look away. (Don't look at me like that, jackass.)

"It looks like that thing is getting closer to us," Jason says.

"Bro, these claw marks are different then the ones we saw," Tyler says walking up.

"We need to make weapons!" Tony shouts nervously. Everyone starts to talk in a panic.

"No!" I yell almost demonish sounding. Everyone shuts up and looks at me wide eyed.

"What!? Why!?" everyone yells except Lucas.

"You heard me, I said no, we aren't making weapons."

"Why!?" Shane yells.

"I'm not explaining myself to you. I have my reasons and if anyone makes more weapons you will all surely regret it." I say with the last few words with a slight demon voice.

I walk through them back towards the camp. I feel Lucas' gaze on me as I go. (I can't believe he's the half angel. We are gonna have a nice long chat later.)

Everyone silently follows behind me with heads low. They all sit down on the logs; everyone has chosen their specific spot. Like how you choose your spot at lunch in school.

I walk up to Jason and examine his face. I really did a number on his face. The whole right side of his face is swollen and he can't even see out of his eye.

"Sorry, I smacked you..."

"Sorry, I did what I did..."

I reach up for his face and cup his swollen cheek. He winces a little.

"I smacked you too hard." Everyone looks at our exchange wide eyed.

"Yeah, I can't even see out of it," Jason says. "You have some kinda strength."

"I can't believe you remained standing."

"Yeah... wait what!?"

"N-nothing!" I move my thumb across his cheek. Again he winces from the movement. (My healing power can fix this.) I feel my power surge through me to my hand into his cheek. His face becomes unswollen and I drop my hand.