CHAPTER 4: Black Room

Kevin was trapped, completely surrounded by darkness

The screams of dying people faded until all that's left was whispers, coming from every direction.

Kevin began scratching the walls, trying to find a door somewhere.

"It's OK,... Kevin."

"Fuck off!" Kevin screamed furiously at the shadow that swallowed up the place.

Then suddenly, a familiar voice called him, "Kevin?"

Kevin froze. His eyes inspected the place, but there was no one there.

"Kevin, is that you?"

Kevin's eyes have gone wild. His breathing quicked and his pupils dilated.

He recognized that voice.

"Josh?"

"Yes, I'm here." Josh's voice was trembling and weak, almost like he was crying. "I'm in here."

Kevin slid his hand along the wall as he walked.

"Where?"

"In here," Josh whined. "Kevin, please. Help me."

Finally, Kevin found a crack on the wall. He touched it and a new door appeared, a white door that camouflaged itself perfectly with the background.

The white room was all black now, except for the place Kevin was standing on. He quickly opened the white door and rushed inside, closing the door behind him.

This new room Kevin found himself in was too similar to the white room he had just escaped. Everything was white, quiet, and cold. He was similar to his teen body, only a little younger like he was eleven or twelve years old.

Kevin gulped. This place gave him a creepy-crawly feeling all over his nervous system. He took cautious steps forward, almost like he was walking on the tip of his toes. Everything was all white he could barely see the borders of the walls.

It was quiet until the crying began. Depressing, heartbreaking sounds of despair changed Kevin's mood for the worse. He felt like he was crying with whoever it was making all these sad noises.

"Josh?" he said so softly. "Are you crying?"

No answer. The sobbing turned into unbearable whines.

Kevin continued walking in his pre-teen body, looking for a sign to direct him. Eventually, he saw something moving in a corner. The nearer he got, the clearer the image.

Someone was sitting there.

Kevin stood in front of that person. He was leaning at the wall fully wrapped in white clothes that secured his arms like an insane person. His eyes were blindfolded, and a collection of white pills was scattered around him.