12| Morning Banter

I woke up to an empty bed and I frowned slightly at the wrinkled sheets beside me.

Had Draco already gone to work?

I always missed him in the morning when he left because I could sleep through literally anything these days.

I rolled onto my back and huffed at the ceiling fan.

Just then I heard the toilet flush.

I shot up looked around.

If it wasn't our dog using the toilet, then that meant that he was home.

Or that I was being robbed.

Either way, I quickly staggered to the bathroom.

I pushed the door open just a crack and peeked through.

Sure enough, Draco was standing before the mirror and was splashing cold water onto his face.

He claimed that cold water took any bags out from under his eyes.

I wasn't so sure about that.
But it didn't matter to me, with or without eye bags, Draco was the most beautiful being that I'd ever laid eyes on.

He wore a crisp white dress shirt that was tucked into his dark black pants and there was a green vest draped over the towel bar.

"Ah, sleeping beauty has risen," Draco smiled at me through the reflection in the mirror.

I slipped through the door quietly and looked at the two of us in the wide mirror that he insisted on installing.

"You're running late," I remarked.

"You're up early," he countered.

"You look nice," I said.

Draco wrinkled his nose and flicked water at me playfully.
"Harry you were always quite the charmer,"

"I know," I smirked, "now I'm going to charmingly take a piss,"

Draco fake-swooned and snickered.

I walked past him and did my own thing at the toilet. When I was done, I flushed, like a civilized individual.

"I like being able to see you in the morning," I said.

"Mmm," he grunted.

"Maybe you should wake me up when you do from now on," I continued.

He let out a peal of laughter.
"You? Up early?!"

"It's not that unbelievable," I muttered.

Draco reached down and scruffed my hair.
"I'm just messing around, perhaps I will wake you,"

"Good,"
I reached around him to wash my hands.

The warm water felt amazing, like I was being rejuvenated, a weird thing to happen in a bathroom.

I didn't want to leave here. I didn't want Draco to leave here. It felt so secure and right, the two of us bantering and trying to get stuff done at the same time.

So I stepped back and watched Draco some more— one of my favorite activities... not to be creepy or anything...

Draco patted his face with a towel and took the vest off the rung.
He buttoned it from the bottom, taking his time.

My stomach lurched. Why did he have to do that?

Slowly buttoning things, slowly taking them off, it was like he knew that drove me insane.

Oh wait— he did.

"Nope, I'm not falling for this, I have a bed to get back to sleep in," I threw my hands up and sauntered out.

"Fall for what?" Draco followed after me and I could practically hear the grin on his face.

"You have work," I wove my way into the kitchen.

"Sure, but I only need like 5 minutes," he said.

"Draco!" I scolded him.

Temptation hooked me in but Draco needed to go to work, him being a renowned healer and all.

I didn't want him getting in trouble.

Draco came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my chest, pressing his face into the back of my neck.

"Shall we continue this conversation when I get home?" He breathed.

"I'd like that," I said, my voice husky.

"Okay then, I'm off to work," he said.

Before I turned to leave, Draco slapped my behind and I yelped.

"Draco!" I screeched.

With a burst of laughter, he disapparated.