14| Dance Disaster Pt.2

❗️❗️(Switching to Draco's first person POV because I HATE THIRD PERSON WHY DIDNT I DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE??)❗️❗️

I could feel the music before I could hear it.

It was loud and whatever reverb they had going was wicked.

I was a little surprised to find that the ball was already in full tilt right at the start of the thing.

That meant that this was either going to be one wild night or it would be one wild hour and everyone would crash shortly thereafter.

I watched Blaise out of the corner of my eye.

He looked so normal.

Was it normal to take your friends love interest?

I wouldn't know.

The three of us entered through the big doors at the same time, giggling as we brushed against the other people.

For that moment I felt fine.

Pansy lead us like her little ducklings to the table with all the food and refreshments.

"We gotta get fueled up for the big bight ahead," she declared.

"Sir, yes, sir!" Blaise saluted and crammed a scone into his mouth.

I, on the other hand, elegantly plucked a frosted cookie and nibbled the side.

"Stop eating like a rabbit!" Blaise punched my shoulder.

"Oh fuck off," I snapped.

He stopped inhaling scones and stared at me.
"I know you're generally a prickly guy but damn Dray, this isn't you,"

"Of course it's me," I rolled my eyes.

During the journey of my eyes rolling to the left I caught sight of Harry standing beside Ron.

Ron was wearing the same horrible monstrosity he wore to the Yule ball back in fourth year.

Harry's eyes wandered around the crowded room.

He was looking for someone.

Probably Blaise.

Damn him.

Damn both of them.

I stalked off to a random corner and set up my gloomy shop.

"Hey Draco,"

I looked up to see Looney Lovegood staring down at me with her wide eyes.

"Uh hi Looney- er Luna," I recovered quickly.

"I see you're also a fan of isolated  corners,"

"Not really," I said, "I'm not a fan necessarily, but I always seem to find myself here,"

She nodded slowly as if what I said resonated deeply within her.

"It would be a shame if you had to miss it," she said.

"Sorry- miss what?" I asked.

"The ball,"

"I haven't missed it," I wrinkled my nose, "I'm right here,"

"But are you?"

Before I could say another word she glided away silently, putting her funny little glasses up to her eyes.

I shook our strange exchange from my head and looked on at all the smiling faces.

Draco Malfoy, left out again.