Fourteen

Miia was nothing but smiles all th morning at the precinct. Harvey paid no mind to it while Jim noticed her change in mood. Even when Harvey insulted her, Miia ignored him and continued with her work. Jim raised his brow at her while Harvey muttered well, this isn't any fun.

"I take it the date went well," Jim stated.

"What makes you say that?" Miia questioned with a big smile.

"Oh, we don't know, the fact that you're smiling like every girl who gets a free frappacino at the coffee shop," Harvey replied sarcastically.

"Be glad I'm in a good mood or else I would have said something about you getting those free donuts you don't really need." Miia looked at her brother. "And as a matter of fact, the date went great. Ed and I decided to take things to the next level and..."

Harvey yelled while covering his ears. "Ahhh, no one needs to hear what you and Nygma do in the bedroom."

Miia glared at him. "Harvey, your head is shoved up your ass again. Might want to get it out before it gets stuck." She looked at Jim again. "And I know you don't care about my relationships but Ed and I decided to make it official."

"And now you sound like a sixteen year old girl."

Jim gave Harvey a look that tells him to shut up. "Well, I'm happy for you," Jim responded before giving Miia a pointed look. "As long as Ed treats you right, that's all I care about."

"Thank you, Jim," Miia said as Essen walked over and dropped a file in front of Harvey.

"Hey, we're working," he said.

Essen pursed her lips. "Caught a double homicide. You're up."

"No way. Alvarez hasn't done a case all week. It's his turn."

"Alvarez put in a double overtime last week." She greeted at the siblings. "Gordons."

"Captain," they replied together.

"Councilman Ron Jenkins and his aide were found dead in a parking structure this morning." Miia grabbed the file from Harvey's desk and began looking through it. "Still waiting on the ME's report. Their wallets and jewlery were missing."

Miia cringed and said, "Oooh, one of their eyeballs were stabbed."

"Coucilman?" Jim questioned. "Maybe it's a political hit."

"No one hits councilmen," Harvey shot down that idea. "It's cheaper to bribe them."

"Money, boobs, and booze is what usually gets them," Miia added.

Harvey nodded. "You kill them and another bum with his hand out takes his place."

"Sniff around City Hall if you want," Essen ordered. "Smart money says this is wrong place, wrong time." She started walking away. "Go work it."

Harvey groaned. "Ugh. Slave driver." Harvey put on his hat and got up. "Don't worry, guys. I know just where to start."

Miia closed the file and got up. "If you say that donut shop one more time -"

Harvey scoffed as he held his arms out. "Hey, you find a shop that's open 24/7 then?!"

》》》》

Miia let out an annoyed sigh as the trio interrogated Nicky. She wan't sure what Harvey was thinking but she figured Nicky was hiding something when he ran from them. It wasn't that fun for Miia to chase the guy and tackle him to the ground.

"Come on, Nicky, don't be modest," Harvey began. "You're the crown prince of parking lot muggers. No one's got a bigger rep."

"I'm on sabbatical. I didn't kill no one. That's not my thing," Nicky argued.

"You didn't kill anyone?" Miia asked skeptically. "The minute you saw us, you ran like crazy and you had a shank in your bag." Harvey held up the shank.

"Well, what would you do if cops were chasing after you? And I only have that for protection."

Harvey glared at the boy. "Councilman Jenkins was murdered." Harvey wrapped his arm around Nicky and placed the shank near his neck. "We know it was you. We got witnesses."

Miia could see the boy's about to piss himself. "I swear to God, I didn't do it," he cried.

Jim sighed before he grabbed Miia's arm and pulled her out of the room. "Hey," Harvey called out to them.

"He's not our guy, Harvey" Jim replied.

Miia nodded. "If he did do it, he wouldn't have peed his pants right now." Jim lets go of her arm. "And I don't think the guy's smart enough to pull something off like that. Why did we listen to Harvey again?"

"It was the best lead he got." Jim furrowed his brows when he noticed a box on his desk. Miia was confused as well and started to look in it. "Alvaraz, that's this?"

Alvarez looked up from his desk. "Evidence from your crime scene. A couple unis just dropped it off."

"Jim," Miia called out. Jim spun around and went to her. "You might want to look at this."

Jim snatched the small booklet from her hands. His eyes scanned the big letters across the cover.

"Arkham?"

Miia grabbed her keys, already knowing their next destination. "I'll drive."

》》》》

A/N: I'm sorry about this short chapter!!!!