Thirteen

Miia has never been excited about a date in a long time. She's usually the one that makes the guys nervous. But the tables have turned on her. She was very nervous after work and couldn't find the right outfit for her date with Ed. Miia even called Barbara to come over and help her, which is saying something since Miia doesn't like her.

"What do you think of this one?" Miia asked as she came out of her room in a very nice flowy orange dress. Barbara took once glance at it and scrunched up her nose.

"You look like a big orange," she said. Miia's eyes widened as she ran back to her room. Barbara found the situation cute. Miia was acting like a teenager going on her very first date. Barbara set down her wine glass and walked into Miia's room before pushing her away from the closet.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping. You want to make an impression, right?" Barbara pulled out a red short dress. "How about something sexy? Give him a little taste and let his mind wander."

Miia went over and grabbed the dress from her before tossing it on her bed. "This would be a good dress if Ed is that kind of guy."

"You mean the kind of guy that's trying to sleep with you on the first night?" Barbara slowly nodded before she grabbed Miia's shoulders and dragged her towards the bed. "Ok, then you tell me what kind of guy Ed is. Give me a mental image of what he is." Miia sat on her bed. "Besides, this is the most information I'll ever get about the guy. All Jim ever told me is that he's a forensic scientist."

"That's because Jim thinks he's weird along with everyone at the GCPD. At least he keeps his comments to himself unlike everyone else."

"But you like that?" Barbara wondered.

Miia chuckled nervously. "Maybe. It's not a bad thing though. Ed, he's a riddler. Every day he'll give me a riddle. Some people might find that annoying but I find it thoughtful. I like how he's passionate about his work. You should see the gleam in his eye whenever he's gets something new to investigate. And he doesn't give those horrible compliments that other guys at the precinct do. Or he doesn't try to grope me. And...And I really like his smile -"

"Got it," Barbara cut her off as she pulled off a white dress from the closet. It was a bit flowy at the bottom and the nice design in the middle really complimented it. Miia loved it already. "From what I'm getting is that you're dating a dorky type. He's got a bit of innocence in him. Which you don't really see much nowadays."

"Thank you, Barbara," Miia said as she grabbed the dress

"And it's not that short or tight, but it does leave a little of imagination for him." Soon after, Barbara helped the girl doing her hair and makeup.

" Soon after, Barbara helped the girl doing her hair and makeup