Ten

For once, Miia didn't mind Harvey scolding her brother for telling Barbara. If it wasn't for Jim then the Gazette wouldn't have published that piece and Essen wouldn't have been on their asses. Jim told them that he didn't know that she would call them, which Miia scoff.

"Seriously, you gotta learn to control your woman," Harvey scolded him.

"I kind of like her the way she is," Jim defended himself.

Miia responded with a whipping sound as she twirled her hand as if she held a whip. "Face it, brother, Barbara's got you wrapped around her finger."

"Yeah and these high-class temperamental broads need firm handling, trust me," Harvey added.

Jim raised his brow at the two. "Trust you two? On women?"

Miia matched his stare. "Not all women, just Barbara."

Harvey pat Miia's shoulder. "Let me guess, high school sweethearts...then a bunch of hoes overseas only made him sad. And then there's Barbara."

"Sounds about right." Jim gave Miia a look. "What? At least Harvey and I agree on something and not arguing."

Harvey sighed as he pointed at Jim. "You, my friend, are a monkey...riding a racehorse."

"More like a race-whore," Miia mumbled under her breath. Jim placed his hands on his hips as he gave Miia another look. He knows Miia doesn't like Barbara and Barbara has done everything to make Miia like her, but Barbara just annoyed Miia no matter what.

Jim let out a tired sigh before he entered the building. Suddenly, a woman ran all the way to the front and plastered a smile on her face, which bothered Miia a bit. It seemed a bit fake in her eyes.

"Good evening. May I help you?" the woman greeted.

The trio pulled out their badges. "Detectives Gordons and Bullock. We need to speak to whoever's in charge here, M'am," Jim said.

"Of course." The woman looked back. "Mr. Quillan, detectives are here to see you."

Hervey motioned for them to follow him. They went through the employee entrance as he practically kicked the door down. There Mr. Quillan with a huge smile on his face.

"Wow. Detectives, hey. What's up?" he greeted. "Nothing serious, I hope."

"Cut the crap," Harvey started, already playing the bad cop. "We have a warrant to search the premises. We know what you're doing.

"Then you know some boring stuff, then. I mean, what are you talking about?"

"You're peddling ATP to those kid-snatchers."

"Oh, my gosh, no." That confused Miia. If they were really shocked then that's not the expression someone would give. Quillan seemed nervous for some reason. "I mean, we used to stock ATP, but not since the Arkham Asylum closed." He took a nervous glance at the gun shooter, who was hiding next to the shelves. Miia noticed and glanced at Jim. "Uh, I heard that the Wayne Foundation is planning on reopening the old place again."

Miia 'scratched' her nose. A little code word they created when something was definitely wrong. Jim gave Miia a little nod as he placed his hand near his gun, ready to shoot if necessary.

"But now that the Waynes are dead, I guess everything's up in the air," Quillan said. The woman noticed his clues and shook her head as started backing up. "What a world, eh? Nobody's safe."

The woman went towards the main powerline and shut everything off. Quillan let out a shriek as the shooter came out of his spot and started firing at them. The woman hid behind the other end of the shelves and started firing back. Miia and Jim took their guns out and started firing. Back to back, ready to grab the other in case the bullet was going to hit them. Miia kept firing at the woman as she snuck towards her partner. He grabbed her and tried to go through the back entrance.