The Day

A week passed and you only got worse. You've been on bed rest, so you couldn't even help the team fight Amon. Bolin came in often to keep you and Tahno updated and Ming would come to play Pai Sho.

You wake up early in the morning in Tahno's arms.

"Hey, babe" he hums in response. "I um didn't tell you this earlier because I didn't want to freak you out, but... tomorrow's the day"

"You don't mean?"

"Tomorrow is the day on the tombstone from my vision"

He leans his forehead against yours and whispers.

"I love you. I'll always love you. I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine"

You place a soft kiss on his lips and cuddle further into his chest.

"Tahno, you have move on when I'm gone. Don't stick around my brothers just for me. You have to forget about me. Continue with what you wanted to do before we met. Don't let this break you"

You feel his chest tighten and he pushes you away from him so he can look you in the eye.

"(Y/n), you are the love of my life. I could never forget about you. I will fight for you every day that I'm alive and will happily greet death when it comes because I will finally be with you again. You are my everything, Fire lily"

A single tear falls down his cheek and you wipe it away. He kisses the top of your head and you lean back into him.

The bedroom door swings open and Bolin runs in panting.

"Bo, I'm very busy dying and you're not on the schedule today. What are you doing here?" You sigh pulling away from Tahno.

"Korra ... can... return... your bending" he spits out in between deep breaths.

Korra comes in behind him and clears things up.

"I haven't actually tried it yet, so I'm not sure it'll work. Do you want to try?"

"Well, I'm already dying so it can't get much worse"

She walks up to you and places her hand on your head. A rush of energy flows through you and fire dances at your finger tips. You wrap Korra in a hug and she holds you tight. The rest of the group gives you a hug and a few tears are shed. They all leave so Korra can return other people's bending.

Once you're sure they're gone, you roll yourself on top of Tahno and kiss him with all the fire and energy you've gained.

"I missed this" you whisper when you stop to take a breath. The look of adoration on his face makes you melt, giving him the opportunity to flip you underneath him.

"I love you so much, Fire lily" he says in between kisses down your neck.

"Tahno" you mutter and he looks up at you. "Remember when I said I wanted twins?"

"(Y/n) we're still so young and you almost died. I don't want to put you through that. You know I would love to have a bunch of little yous, but don't feel like you have to"

"We've been through so much, my love. What's a few kids?"

He chuckles and begins kissing you again. Let's just say protection didn't even cross your mind.