Prologue

HINILA niya ang palda ng suot na dress paibaba. It has a plunging neckline that reveals her cleavage. Kanina niya pa rin iyon inaayos. Not wanting to show so much skin but then it almost shows everything. Kung bakit ba naman kasi ito pa ang napili niyang isuot. She mentally note not to eear this dress again. She kept on pulling the skirt down until she was satisfied.

Kinakabahan man ay nagpatuloy siya sa pagpasok sa loob ng Jigsaw. It was a high end bar in the city. First time niyang pumunta sa lugar na iyon. She was not used to going late at night. Hindi rin naman kasi puwede. Masyadong istrikto ang pamilya niya. Tumakas lang talaga para sandaling kalimutan ang problemang kahaharapin niya bukas.

Agad siyang nasilaw pagkapasok ng bar. The strobe lights are hurting her eyes. Sumasakit ang ulo niya ngunit ininda niya na lamang iyon hanggang sa masanay siya.

The bar was full packed. People were dancing wildly on the floor. Some were already kissing and making out. Tila gusto na lamang niyang umalis ngunit mas nanaig ang galit na nararamdaman niya.

She went straight to the bar counter and sat on a high stool. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang dapat na i-order. She's never been to this place. She doubts if anybody knows her. Malamang na walang nakakakilala sa kanya. Unlike her whole family, she was unpopular.

Nagmasid at nakinig mula siya sa paligid. She particularly watched how women went to the counter to order their drinks. She mentally note their orders on her mind.

After a few minutes, she had her first order.

"Margarita, please," she said to the bartender.

He looked at her for a few seconds because he smiled at nodded. Wala pang limang minuto ay inilapag na nito sa harap niya ang order niya.

"Thanks," she said and looked at her drink. Naaamoy pa lamang niya ang alcohol ay tila nahihilo na siya.

She has a low alcohol tolerance. The same reason why she never drink, even on special occasions. Kahit pa nga sa mga pagkakataong may party sa kanila at nasa bahay lamang naman, hindi siya umiinom. Her brothers do get drunk a lot. Sa mga kapatid niya nga nalaman itong lugar.

She tried to taste the drink. Napangiwi siya sa lasa niyon. It's too bitter for her. Parang dumaloy ang init sa lalamunan niya dahil doon. But that didn't stop her from drinking. A lot.

The music boomed. Nilingon niya ang mga tao sa dance floor. They're getting wilder by the minute. Some men were even shameless and winked at her while dancing with their women.

"Jerk," she said before turning to the bartender to order another drink.

She lost count of how many she had and what she ordered. She was smiling to everyone like she knew them and walked to the dance floor. She danced to the beat of the music. Men were cheering for her. Marami siyang nakasayaw. Ni hindi na nga niya maalala ang pangalan ng mga iyon.

She was still dancing with an expat when she felt a hand on her waist as he dry hump her. She felt hot. She maybe lost her mind because of the alcohol, when what she did next was unexpected of her. She grind herself to the man behind her.

What they're doing were making her feel so hot. Hindi na niya alam kung paano siya titigil. She's never felt like this excited. It was like she had her freedom for the very first time.

"Let's go upstairs," he whispered. He held her waist closed to him and walked on the staircase.

Along the way, people were greeting the man. They were particularly looking at her. Like it was not the first time. Like he has been seen with a lot of woman. And she doesn't even care.