Chapter 3

Daughter
*****

RITA knows that she should just leave but she can't. Ayaw niyang kunin ang atensyon ng mga tao. Lalo na noong hawakan ni Ken ang beywang niya papasok sa loob ng restaurant. Bahagya niyang siniko ito kaya ito bahagyang natawa.

The warmth of his hand sent some tingling sensation on her body. She shove the thought and feelings away. This isn't the right time to be thinking about it.

Gosh, Rita. Focus! She reprimanded herself.

"Reservation for Martin Chan." Ken casually said to the receptionist.

Saglit na natigilan iyon habang nakatingin sa kasama niya. Pagkatapos ay namula ang pisngi nito at hinanap na ang pangalan.

She raised her brow and looked at Ken. He probably winked at the poor woman. She never knew that such womanizer really exists.

Iginiya sila ng tila isang butler papasok sa isang private room. Those restaurants with privacy and for high end people. No wonder they have their own butler. Minsan lang naman kasi siya kumain sa ganoong klase ng restaurant. That's when his father have some closed door meetings with other politicians in his own political party. Often times, Joyce was with him.

Nang makapasok sila sa loob ay inabutan agad sila ng menu. She doesn't have the appetite to eat. Nawala na rin siya sa mood.

"What's your order?" Ken asked sitting next to her.

The round table has eight chairs around it and this womanizer chose to sit beside her. What a joke.

"Anything," bored na sagot niya.

"Do you have anything?"

Nilingon niya ito. He was looking at the butler. Bahagya iyong natigilan at tumingin sa kanya.

"I'll just have the same as his," she said politely and smiled a bit.

The butler nodded and repeated the orders before leaving them alone. The deafening silence bothered her more. Hindi niya alam kung para saan ang kabang nararamdaman ng mga sandaling iyon. If she didn't come here with him in the first place, she's probably be in peace. It was her choice, afterall.

Not a minute passed when she felt him moved closer to her. Agad na nilingon niya ito dahil sa gulat.

"What?" Angil niya rito.

He stared at her, void of any emotion. She can't seem to figure out what he really wants. She clearly told him that what happened between them was a mistake and it shouldn't happen again, but he seemed not like the idea of it.

So he wants something to happen again? But she's going to marry his brother. Is he somewhat insane? Does he enjoy playing these kind of games? Or he just like the thrill of it?

"When I saw you that night, you were fucking hot." He started talking and his eyes glint with desire. "I couldn't take my eyes off you. I knew I had to mark you as mine, so nobody can take you away. Just mine only." He whispered his last sentence.

She felt shiver down her spine. She'd be hypocrite if she'll say he has no effect on her. But the truth is, she's badly attracted to him. She never felt this kind of attraction to anyone else. She has suitors but she's so focused on achieving her goals that she had no time to entertain them. They got tired, of course. Who would want someone like her? Who got no time at all for love? She barely had time for herself.

She tried to compose herself. She doesn't want to give in on her desires. She had to collect herself. Good thing that their first meal was served.

Agad na lumayo si Ken sa kanya. She could still feel his gaze on her but she tried avoiding it to the best she can. He let her eat in peace. She's glad about it, even though she already lost her appetite.