The Mansion

Anamika POV:

(Birds chirping, Soft wind blowing, Sunlight entering all over the mansion.)

As the sun was rising, the sun's rays were entering a room where I was sleeping on a king-size bed with a soft red coloured blanket which had beautiful roses designed on it . Suddenly a loud voice filled the room.

"Get up my lovely doll. It's time to rise and shine." someone called me out.

"Nanni, don't call me lovely doll, I'm Anamika and I'm a big girl now. So please let me sleep for some more time." I responded while hiding my face in my soft pillow. 

"Okay, but think again I won't bring your favourite Chocolate pastries if you don't get up within 3 counts. 1.........  2........... and......." Nanni started counting with a grin on her face.

"See, I got up Nanni. Please bring my favourite pastries with my breakfast, pleaaassseee." I requested her as I jumped and sat on my bed.

"Okay, I'll bring, but till then I want you to freshen up. If I still saw you in the bed after coming back I will take away your favourite pastries." Nanni countered with a smirk.

"Nooo, I promise I'll be ready till then." I pleaded, making an innocent face. 

"I know love, I have kept your clothes on the table beside your bed. Wear it and get ready." saying this Nanni left my room while closing the giant marvellous wooden door of my room. 

I yawned while stretching my hands up in the air and looked outside the window which was just in front of my bed. Beside the window there was a big balcony with lots of Rose plants in it. The fragrance of the roses were growing all over my room and the light beam of sunrays falling on the roses and inside my room made them look so beautiful and pleasant. I picked up the clothes from the table and went to take a hot bath.

The Bathroom had a big tub which was already filled with hot water with hot vapours coming from it and rose petals all over the tub. I sat down inside the tub, playing with water and enjoying the view from the glass window just beside my tub. All I could see were mountains, trees and birds flying high in the yellowish-orange sky. It was not less than any royal bath. The old house where I lived first was not even 1% of this new house. Suddenly I heard someone opening the door.

"Where are you, Anamika? Your Nanni is back with your breakfast. Come out, darling." Nanni called me out.

"Yes Nanni coming within 5 minutes." I exclaimed.

Drying myself up quickly, I wore the dress Nanni gave me and went outside the bathroom of my room. Nanni was sitting on my bed with my breakfast and my favourite chocolate pastries in her hands as she promised. 

"Come here, sit with me. Look I brought your breakfast with your favourite pastries." saying this Nanni forwarded the breakfast towards me. I took it from her hand and started eating.

"Well, I brought this Orange juice for you and you have to drink it." Nanni mentioned and was about to give the juice to me when someone knocked on my room door. 

"Come in the door is open." Nanni ordered.

As soon as she answered, a man with a black suit entered my room. His face was paled. He was Mr. Edith, my dad's secretary who worked for him from few months. 

"What happened, Mr. Edith? Why are you looking so sad?" Nanni enquired.

"Can we please talk outside the room?" Mr. Edith nervously asked while looking towards me.

"Okay, Mr. Edith come outside with me." Nanni said and took Mr. Edith with her.

After sometime I heard a sharp noise of glass breaking just outside my door. That noise scared me so much that I jumped from my bed and ran towards the door. I saw all the juice from the glass was spilled on the floor and there were pieces of broken glass all over the floor. I stood still silently beside the door, looking at Nanni and Mr. Edith. 

Nanni was crying, and Mr. Edith was trying to console her. The door made a noise as I grabbed it, hearing it Nanni looked towards me with eyes full of tears. She signaled Mr. Edith to go. After Mr. Edith went, she ran towards me and while giving me a tight hug started crying.

"What happened Nanni? Why are you crying?" I inquired curiously in a low voice while wiping Nanni's teary eyes.

"We have to go to meet your dad, but....." Nanni stopped while speaking.

"But what Nanni?" I asked nervously.

"But for the last time, child." She said and started crying again. 

I was already confused about what was happening, that's when Nanni wiped the tears on her cheeks and went towards my cupboard. She took a black dress of mine from the cupboard and told me to wear it and went somewhere before I could ask her anything about it. I got more confused as she never let me wear a Black dress, she always wanted me to wear colourful dresses so why is she offering black dress to wear now? All these questions were going on in my mind, but I didn't have any options rather than silently wearing the dress. 

As I wore that dress I saw my Nanni in black dress too. She came towards me and held my hand in hers and without speaking a word she took me outside my room. We started going down from stairs. The stairs which were made of marble and which used to give me a royal and happy feeling were making me nervous now. 

As I went a few steps down I could see many people wearing Black suit and dresses chatting in a low voice. I could see that everyone had a grief expression on their faces. 

"Why are we all wearing blank dresses and suits, Nanni?" I asked curiously to get some answers for my questions.

Just when Nanni was about to speak something a Man came and whispered something in Nanni's ears. While he was whispering, I was looking for Mr. Gills, who was my daddy. I loved him so much and wanted to see him, so I left Nanni's hands and ran towards daddy's room to find him.

I heard Nanni shouting at me to stop, but I ignored her and ran towards left side of the staircase where my dad's room was. As I opened the door, what I saw in front of me startled me.