- like my big bro. -

- "thanks lucy." "no, thank you gray." -
a small graylu brotp story.

{LUCY}

i sighed as i sat at the bar, the guild was basically empty! natsu and happy went on a mission to gather up some stolen items by bandits. erza and wendy went to visit lamia scale, juvia and gajeel went to guard some place, then levy, lisanna and mira had went to collect things in the moutains.

i groaned in boredom, "so you're bored to huh lucy?" i looked to see gray sit next to me. "oh hey gray- you're still here?" he nodded with a sigh.

"there's no good paying jobs on the board." he said and i nodded, "how about we do something to pass the time?" i asked, he thought for a bit and agreed.

"yeah sure, we haven't really hung out with just us." he chuckled, "that's true- well we can walk around magnolia!"

he nodded and we left the guild starting to walk, we passed multiple shops that we looked into and bought things.

"what do you wanna eat? my treat." gray insisted. "no gray it's fine! i can pay-" "c'mon lucy just this once." i sighed and nodded, we headed into a ramen shop.

it wasn't packed so we easily found a table, we ordered and continued our conversations. "have you seen that thing going on between levy and gajeel?" gray asked.

"uhm hell yeah! it's so obvious they don't even know it!" i laughed gray joining, "honestly!"
(my headcanon with graylu being gossip buddies)

we talked a bit, about our own drama, things we noticed, or just a little more about eachother. "no way you like the 'Milk & Honey' book too?!" i asked shocked.

"yeah- it's actually a very nice book-" gray chuckled, we we're definitely the loudest table since people had been giving concerned/annoyed stares.

we eventually finished our meals and headed out, gray paying like he said. "GRAY YOUR CLOTHES-" i shrieked, he yelped "WHOOPS-"

we were currently in the park still walking, laughing, and hanging out — until we saw a giant teddy bear in the middle of the field for decoration.

i looked at gray and gray looked at me, we smirked at eachother before slowly making our way towards the teddy bear.

we looked around people weren't paying attention as they were minding their own business, there were a few guards in the park though but it wouldn't be a problem.

gray quickly made an ice path and i summoned virgo, i grabbed one paw of the teddy bear and gray grabbed the other.

we literally hall-assed it- virgo carried me as she ran and gray slid on his ice path. we heard guards yelling at us to halt as they ran after us.

since we had out ran the guards, we finally made it to the guild placing it in the basement. "woo! that'll be our little secret" i laughed gray laughing as well.

we made our way outside, sitting on a hill and looking at the sunset. "wow the day went by fast!" i looked at the pretty sky.

"it really did.." gray looked at me making me look back, he smiled and hugged me. "thank you lucy." i smiled and hugged him back, "no, thank you gray.. for being like my older brother."

after our heartfelt hug we released and made our way back inside before it got to dark. again sitting at bar we somehow started playing tic tac toe on grays left leg-

i won for the fifth time making gray yell out in frustration and for me to laugh in victory — just as that happened the door opened revealing a group of people.

"oh you're all back!" i said as i looked over to the door. a girl flew at gray hugging him, "gray my darling! did you miss me?" juvia asked.

i giggled looking at them and gray just chuckled sweat dropping. "were you alone with lucy all day?" juvia asked looking at gray who simply nodded.

juvia turned to me glaring "LOVE RIVAL!" "n-no juvia it's not like that- g-gray is like my brother!" i laughed and juvia calmed down.

"hey luce!" "hi lusheee!" natsu and happys voice entered my ears, i looked over at them. big smiles plastered onto their faces. i smiled and hugged natsu once he got to me "welcome back you two!" i smiled releasing the hug and petting happys head.

"so what'd you do all day?" natsu asked sitting next to me, i looked over at gray and smiled "i spent the whole day with gray!" natsu smiled before a vein popped out of his forehead making me shriek.

"HEY POPSICLE GET YOUR OWN PRINCESS!" natsu yelled over at gray - "OH SHUT IT PYRO ITS NOT LIKE THAT!" gray yelled back — it turned into another fight which erza had to stop.

"gray! lucy!" we heard master yell making us freeze. "y-yes?" we both stuttered everyone had been watching the situation.

"what is this in the newspaper?!" he tossed one down and we all huddled up to it. AHHH! it was a picture of me and gray running from the guards with the teddy bear.

"fairytail is at it again-" the newspaper said making me and gray gloomy. "where is the teddy bear ?!" gramps yelled and we pointed at the basement.

"we're keeping it but it's mine now! but you two have to go on a job to pay for it!" we both sulked and nodded.

everyone laughed at us, we soon joined in. gray was like family, team natsu was apart of my family as well! well honestly the whole guild is a family.

(A/N) this was short because it's 1:43 am and i'm tired :,) it's not my best but hey i hope you enjoyed it!