- upstair neighbors. -

- "hang in there!" -
lucy comes back to her apartment burned out, crying, screaming, pulling her hair out.
she felt enraged at her father who ordered her to come home and marry some dude without a warm welcome.
but her upstair neighbors who had never formally met her hears her cries and decides to try and cheer her up.
(TW: su1cidal thoughts

{LUCY}

i swung my door open, my hair dripping from the rain and my face drenched in tears and rain drops.

i walked in slamming my door, running onto my balcony and falling on my knees — screaming, "why'd you have to go mom?!" "why did you leave me with him?!" i gripped at my hair crying.

i just wanted a normal family, a normal life, a stable one as well.. but i only have my dog plue and my shabby apartment with no friends or family to support me.

"why! why! why!" i pounded on the floor i honestly didn't care about my neighbors at this point.

i heard loud chatting from upstairs, with cat meows and laughs. "why couldn't i have that..?" i mumbled my dog slowly walking towards me to sit with me.

i hugged him sobbing into his fur, "i miss you mommy, i want my old dad back- i want my family back!"

i looked at plue who had a sad face on, i teared up, thinking about all the old times with my friends and family — but now they were gone and i had nothing left, i placed him down on the floor. standing up.

"i love you plue." i said to him with a smile, tears trickling down my cheeks. he whined as i slowly stepped towards the railing of my balcony.

"one leap to you mommy.." i mumbled. plue started barking loudly and repeatedly. "i'm sorry." i choked out leaning over lifting my legs off the cement.

plues barks and the cars driving underneath me filled my ears. but it went silent when something thin fell against my leg.

i stepped foot back onto the cement looking down to see a paper. i picked it up, and read it.
"try listening to some music!"

another fell, and another, soon a whole pile formed. "you got this." "keep going you can do it!" "i don't know who you are, but we'll save you a slice of cake :DD" "i'm proud of you." "go go go! we're rooting for youu!"

different sentences, and different hand writing. i looked up to see a hand on the balcony above me drop a letter. i catched it and read it.
"why don't you came hang with us? room 690 on the floor above you :>" i teared up, my tears falling on the paper, i looked up to see a group of people leaning over to look at me with smiles.

"you're strong!" a pinkette said to me. "thank you.." i wiped my tears. "now come on up here! we'll be glad to meet you." a red haired girl said with a smile making me smile wide, running back into my apartment grabbing my stuff and kissing plue bye.

i ran out my room, going into the elevator. the ding noises it made as i went to the 6th floor. the metal doors opened and i hesitantly walked out looking for room 690.

once i found it yelling, laughing, and talking were spilling out the bottom of the door. i brought my hand up to the door to knock. i quickly fixed my hair and dress to wait patiently.

the room went quiet making me nervous. the door opened revealing the same pinknette "oh hey it's you!" i froze and nodded silently. "i- uh-.. i wanted to uh thank you guys- for uhm-" they were all staring at me which made my anxiety go haywire.

"no need to be nervous, and hey you're welcome. everyone has their days." a black haired boy said as he walked over to me. "a-ah how rude of me- i'm uh lucy heartfiiiiii- lucy!" i smiled.

"gray fulbuster." the black haired boy smiled at me. "erza scarlet" a red haired girl came over. "wendy marvell!" "Mirajane, elfman, and lisanna strauss!" three siblings and a blue haired girl popped up.

"levy mcgarden!" "gajeel red fox." "juvia lockser!" two more blue hairs and another black haired said. "w-wow.. you all live in here?"

"no this is actually my room, but we switch whos rooms we go to." natsu said to me with a smile. i slightly smiled back noding in understanding.

"i should be on my way, thank you again!" i bowed, they all shook their hands at me being to formal. "hey again don't worry about it." gray chuckled.

"you can always come on up here if you need it." natsu put his hand on my shoulder, he has warm hands- i shook off the thought and waved bye at them all.

they all said their byes and i made my way back to the elevator. happiest elevator ride i've ever taken.