- i'll meet you in the next life. - lucy ver.

- "with the life of a celestial spirit mage, i can help us all." -
a story where lucy sacrifices her life to save everyone.

{NATSU}

i was down, i feel terrible- i can't help lucy during this fight- she's fighting right infront of me and i can't help her!

i was fighting zeref and she came to help me, i denied her offer but i know i need help considering my arms were burnt to a crisp and my chest was gushing out blood.

i looked over at her, she whipped zeref in the chest before he shot an attack at her causing her to fly over to a wall, but bounce off of it to kick him. "AGH." zeref groaned stumbling back.

lucy was in her aquarius star dress that was all messed up and broken. scorpio was helping her but he was attacked and his gate closed.

she and zeref were still going at it until they both stopped. he lifted his hand and she lifted her whip. he pointed at me and charged his attack launching it. "NO!"

lucy screamed getting infront of me and happy and using a light based leo attack to hold zerefs.

two light beams were pushing eachother fighting to who it would get to. "natsu, happy- listen to me carefully o-okay?" she told us struggling to hold her attack.

i tried standing up but my legs couldn't hold me up. "stay there! it's okay- i have something that can stop all of this-" she said, "what is it..?" happy asked.

"i have a magic called a life for a life. it's celestial magic only celestial spirit mages can use." she explained still pushing out her attack.

"what does it do?!" i asked eagerly, if it's dangerous for her hell no i'm not letting her do that!

"i can give up my life, all the celestial spirits including the king will come and destroy all evil happening right now-" "give up your life are you crazy?!" i yelled out.

"it's all we have!" zerefs attack nearly started overpowering hers. "no lucy i cant- i won't let you!" i stood up before happy as well stood.

i heard her giggle and smile a bit, "you two are so stubborn." she mumbled, "to the silver keys, to the gold, to the king, and to the world. i summon all spirits in return of mine. take my life and save everyone else's!" she yelled out.

"LUCY STOP-" i yelled but my legs gave up on me when i tried running to her. "i love you two, so much. thank you." her body glew all the colors of the rainbow.

her attack overpowered zerefs shooting him backwards, when i blinked suddenly all the celestial spirits known to man were next to lucy and the celestial spirit king was outside the guild hall.

"i hereby declare the spell.." she continued making me and happy scream for her. her celestial spirits were crying and had sad faces, but they couldn't do anything to stop her.

she sobbed but stood tall, "LIFE FOR A LIFE!!" she cried out all the celestial spirits blasted light beams at zeref, and at all the etherious creations.

before i knew it zeref had been floating in the air getting taken into the sky, disappearing and dying.

lucy was standing but she was slowly disintegrating as well. "LUCY!" i yelled out using all my strength to run and hold her. happy behind us hugging our legs.

"natsu-" "please tell me you're okay-" "natsu." "it's all over please just stay!" "natsu!" she yelled catching my attention.

she placed a hand on my cheek and caressed it looking up at me, i held her tightly though her body was disappearing infront of my eyes.

"i'll be okay." she whispered kissing my cheek. "it'll all be okay." she said again, but i didn't feel her body in my arms anymore.

she was gone.

"no- lucy?! lucy!" i yelled looking around. "lucyyy!" happy yelled crying. i fell on my knees her keys were there, "lucy.." i sobbed, holding her keys and crying into my hands.

happy held my arm yelling for her with tears in his eyes.

memories of her flashed.

"hey there, i'm lucy heartfillia!"

"natsu look! mira-jane put the official fairytail mark on my hand!!" her bright smile invaded my mind.

her hugs, her voice, her laugh, her.

all of our memories together played like a movie. my princess was gone.

"lucy why.." i choked out.

{AUTHOR POV}

everyone looked around confused, everything involving zeref were taken down by a beam of light.. "who?" they all thought.

erza was looking around before she felt two hands on her shoulders and a warm smile, she jolted but it caused her to look more eagerly.

gray felt someone lean on his shoulder but there was no one there, levy felt someone hold her hand, juvia felt someone hug her from behind.

wendy had sensed a presence and felt a hand caress her head and comb their fingers through her hair.

everyone felt something. gajeel and laxus were standing next to eachother and felt hands pat there back. "someone took their life for us." laxus said.

lisanna and elfman felt two pats on their shoulders and mira felt a hug.

"where's natsu, lucy and happy?" mira asked and they all looked around not seeing them, "the guild." gray said and they all nodded heading over.

they expected to see the three smiling and hugging but instead they saw natsu and happy crying on their knees. "natsu? happy?" erza spoke, they looked at everyone.

"where's lucy-san.?" wendy questioned, natsu gulped and happy cried, "she's gone." "what..?" gray asked. "she used a- a spell that took her life to save us." natsu elaborated. "i couldn't- stop her- i couldn't save h-her"

everyone's mouth fell a-gap. "my lucy is gone." he mumbled into his hands. "lucy-nee.. is dead?" romeo whispered to himself in disbelief.

erza stood still her mouth still gapped and her eyes wide as tears slipped out of them. "lucy." she remembered her memories with lucy, recalling her as a best friend.

"stop playing with us dude.. she can't be dead.." gray refused to believe it as he looked around, tears flowing down his cheeks and his fists clenched. he remembered meeting her for the first time, laughing with her, talking with her, crying with her.. she was like his little sister.

"aish put your heads up. do you think i died to see you all cry? no! smile! we won didn't we? don't fret it. i'll meet you all again one day." her voice echoed in all their ears making them all smile and cry bigger rivers. "rest well luce. i love you." natsu mumbled.

(A/N) again bad at angst writing 😩💔