sleepy bois inc • ? [] wings

tw: burning + branding
word count: 2295
don't hesitate to correct any mistakes! despite rereading and editing, i still manage to miss some

You chewed on your bottom lip as you whittled away at a block of wood in your left hand. A strong breeze blew your hair into your face, forcing you to lose your focus.

You looked up to see Tubbo obnoxiously flapping his wings as he landed beside the tree stump you sat upon.

"Hey, (y/n)!" he chirped, leaning over your shoulder to see the unfinished wooden carving.

Irritated, you grumbled in response, "I was in the zone."

"Yeah, yeah... What are you making?" the brunette hopped to your other side energetically.

"A cow—a baby cow," you said. "I'm gonna give it to Tommy as an apology for crashing into his room yesterday."

"You crashed?" asked Tubbo.

"I'm not as good at flying as you are, Tubs." You squinted your eyes at him.

Tubbo shrugged lightheartedly and said, "Well at least you have cool wings, I'm stuck with these normal, grey dove ones." He outstretched his right wing and held it with his arm.

"Hey, doves are cool, too! ...My oversized phoenix wings get me in more trouble than they're worth." You mirrored his actions, outstretching a single wing to show how vast it was compared to your body.

"Touché..." Tubbo thought aloud, placing a finger on his chin.  "Anyways, race ya to Techno's!"

"Aye—wait up!" You secured your knife in its leather sheath and buttoned the unfinished carving into your coat pocket.

Tubbo was already a few steps ahead as he sprinted towards the cliff's ledge. He spun on his heel to face you, holding his right hand up in a salute before gracefully falling backwards.

Unimpressed, you scoffed at your show-off brother and dove off not too far behind. The wind pummeled your face as you held your bright scarlet wings close to your body.

Tubbo glanced to his side to see you descending at the same speed as him.

"Cheater," was all you said.

Tubbo mockingly stuck out his bottom lip and scrunched his nose. "Last one there owes three rubies."

"Deal!"

Simultaneously, the two of you spread your wings just as you were about to collide with the ground. You tended to fly higher compared to your brother, for he wasn't a fan of the cold, thin air above the clouds; you—on the other hand—loved the thrill.

Technoblade's cabin came into view as the two of you exchanged a challenging look before speeding up. The oak forest below blurred into a mural of vibrant, spring green.

You opened your wings to slow yourself down, Techno's home now only a hundred feet away.

The man himself stepped out his front door only to catch a glimpse of you and Tubbo hurtling toward him at full speed.

"Uh oh."

A strong gust of wind pushed his crown back and frazzled his pink, braided hair as the two of you landed—or rather crashed—in front of him.

You closed your wings and rolled across the grass whilst Tubbo landed gracefully on one foot.

"I WIN!" you both shouted in unison.

Technoblade grumbled and fixed his askew crown. "I just did my hair..."

"...Sorry Techno," you said genuinely, realizing you were so caught up in the race that you payed no mind to his presence. "Want me to redo it?"