l'manberg / all i have left

i unfortunately wrote this before wilbur's villain arc but damn that'll be fun to tweak with

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧

It was cloudy again today. The sun had only risen a few hours ago, but there was no sound of birds. They left after the President ordered to have every tree burnt to the ground.

You heaved a heavy sigh and arose from your tussled bedsheets. As days passed, life began to feel more despondent with your new leader. You wondered when—or if—they'd ever return.

Suddenly, a soft knock sounded against your door. "Coming," you faintly called out.

Stumbling to the front door in nothing but a t-shirt and shorts, you cracked it open. "Who is it?"

"Morning, (y/n)!"

Your spirits suddenly lifted as a gentle smile formed on your lips. At least you still had one friend who could visit.

"How're you Tubbo?" You warmly opened the door, allowing the boy to walk in.

"I'm good—just doing the usual tasks Schlatt gives me, y'know." He smiled, loosening the green tie around his suit collar.

"Yeah..." you hummed.

Not long after Schlatt had banished Tommy and Wilbur, you and Niki found shelter within each other. But Schlatt was quick to find out about your rendezvous and ordered to keep you separate at all times, purely out of spite.

Now, not only were you prohibited from seeing each other, but Niki was being taxed an incredulous amount that not even the entirety of L'manberg could pay off.

It was driving you insane.

"Here, uhm, I was out gathering wood for Schlatt's new house and found some tulips along the way. Thought I'd pick some for you."

Tubbo pulled out a bundle of white and orange tulips from his backpack and handed them to you. You gratefully received them with a grin. "Aw, thanks, Tubbo! They're beautiful," you said and placed them in a vase not far from your front door.

"Oh, wanna hear this new song I've been practicing?" You perked up with excitement and walked to your closet. Tubbo sat at the foot of your bed and nodded jubilantly as he swung his legs.

You pushed the closet door open and squeezed to the back of it, reaching your arm through the  thick layers of clothes. When a smooth, wooden surface made contact with your hand, you wrapped your fingers around the object and carefully pulled it out.