Ten vol.2

The apartment was despondent. Rose Ausra immediately noticed the living room without furniture and the kitchen ahead that was missing a fridge. To the right was a single hallway that led to two rooms; a bathroom and the sole bedroom. The wooden floor creaked under her shoe-less feet and the air reeked of a certain mustiness. Not a nauseating scent, but simply the fragrance of a newly occupied house.

"How homely," She muttered.

Elsa Mont laughed as she closed the door behind them.

"It's the cheapest place we could find on short notice. . .I'll send you the apartment key," She spoke as she opened her pad and transferred. "The door should automatically unlock now if you reach your hand for it. Pretty cool isn't it?"

As Rose looked at the data that downloaded itself on her pad, a string of code that connected it to the apartment, her friend continued.

"Technology is really something else."

Rose nodded.

The sound of a door closing rang and a figure walked from the hallway.

'Ah, right, she's here. . .' Rose thought.

Lilias Aunbren, horns and all, dressed in a tank-top and a pair of shorts, walked out and stared at Rose's figure. Their eyes crossed then the dragonian rolled them down to look over the homunculus's figure.

"It's good to see you again, even if you seem to be in tatters?"

The girl faintly smiled and Rose still did not like that expression of hers.

"Why are you here?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes.

"Even if I come from a rich family, I myself am quite poor. I can only stay with you two before we find our footing. As well. . ." The dragonian paused and looked directly into the homunculus's golden irises, "I still think we would make a good team within Alos's Dungeon."

Rose merely stared at the girl. She still had yet to see her past someone who attacked her and her friend. To Rose, the girl named Lilias Aunbren was an oddity she would never get used to. Her restrained expressions, though similar to herself, seemed chilling. And her smile. . .she was someone who shouldn't smile.

A cough rang.

"Hmm?" Rose turned her head.

"We need to get you new clothes. . .you stay here, you can't go out like that," Elsa muttered, "I'll go buy you some clothes from the closest store I can find. What size are you by the way?"

"I don't know." Rose shrugged.

"Well drats, guess I'll just eye-measure them then. You two better not start fighting!"

Both Rose and Lilias their eyes.

"See you."

And thus, as quickly as Elsa entered the apartment, she left.

The two remaining girls stared at each other for a moment.

'Oh well,' Rose thought, 'I have things to do.'

She walked into the middle of the empty living room and sat herself down. She tapped the band on her left wrist twice and her pad popped up.

"What are you doing?" Lilias asked.

"Research."

The dragonian chuckled. "You'll find me in the room if you need to."

"I won't need to," Rose replied, eyes already focused on her screen, jumping about.