Chapter 4

Camila's POV

Not only was it bad enough that I was completely out of my element at this camp...the food was horrible. It wasn't the predictable hamburgers and hot dogs that most people couldn't mess up  either. I wasn't sure what half of the food they served us was! The rice looked like corn and the corn looked like rice. I pushed around my food with my fork during the first camp dinner and it was all strangely awkward. Emily kept talking about how much she was enjoying the food and how it was far better than what her Mom fed her at home. We all gave her strange looks, but she didn't seem to mind. Lauren and I talked a bit when we weren't playing childish ice breaker games. After awhile, we all complained that we were tired and went back up to the cabin.

"Come on you guys...let's go back up to the cabin and actually have some fun!" Jess screamed on our way up the hill.

"That sounds cool...what kind of fun?" Lauren asked suggestively, nudging Jess.

Patricia looked around nervously and started to bite her nails. I could tell she felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave, but I had no idea what to expect from anyone at this point. Emily was galloping around us and probably had no idea what was going on. I did not like deviance and was not usually the one to get into trouble back at home.

"I brought some things...you know? I mean we could be boring and play truth or dare...or I have a little weed and some alcohol. You choose," Jess asked while slightly raising her eyebrow.

Jess had black wavy hair that reached her shoulders and a stud nose ring. She wasn't exactly a badass, but was definitely not a goody two shoes either. Her style was more punk and she had a pretty thin body structure. The best way to describe her is that she could be a model for a hipster clothing line like Brandy Melville.

"Um....won't we get in trouble? I mean don't get me wrong weed's great..but I don't know," Lauren debated out loud.

I could not believe what she was saying. Weed is great?! Marijuana is an illegal drug that was definitely not allowed at camp. I could not be sent home and waste this all oppurtunity so that they could "have some fun".

"Ugh fine! Maybe I'll do it by myself another time...you guys are boring. Let's do something else," Jess finally agreed as she opened the door to the cabin and stepped inside with us following in after her.

Brittney had never moved from her bunk and did not attend dinner. Lamp Level's one and only EP that only had five songs on it was on repeat as she continued to complain to herself about not having service. She gave us all a death stare as we entered.

"They were looking for you Brit Brit!" Emily screamed loudly in her face so that she wouldn't be able to ignore her. Emilly's curly red hair that resembled Annie's slapped Brittney in the face as she turned.

"Don't call me Brit Brit and get out of my face! Someone better have covered for me!" She demanded.

"Yeah yeah...we said you were really tired and fell asleep," Lauren explained trying to calm her down.

Patricia mumbled some jibberish under her breath and crawled into her bunk. Emily started laughing at absolutely nothing and then dissapeared into the bathroom for awhile. 

This left me, Jess and Lauren sitting around bored.

"So...truth or dare? Should we play?" Lauren asked.

Jess nodded and then looked at me until I finally agreed and sat down next to them.

I looked Lauren in the eyes for the first time and realized how perfect she was...especially her eyes. They pratically twinkled even without the sunlight shining on them...the most beautiful shade of green that's almost indescribable. Everything about her is flawless. Her hair was the perfect length and her personality was badass but sweet at the same time.