Chapter 27

Camila's POV

I will never forget the night I heard Lauren sing for the first time. It was nothing like anything I had ever experienced or heard before...her voice was so raspy and unique. She sang American by Lana Del Rey and her voice accapella caused my arms to fill with goosebumps almost instantly. I kept complimenting her the whole night which almost always ended with her pressing a finger against my lips gently and kissing me to shut me up in the most polite way possible. I was in love with her voice...and with her in general. The fact that she didn't have much confidence in her voice made me feel horrible and like I should give her that confidence. We joked around about getting all of our friends together for a jam session one day. Later that night, we attended the bonfire and enjoyed singing along to some of our favorite songs with Ally as others joined in and played ukeleles.

 I woke up the next morning with the biggest smile on my face and Lauren next to me. I had almost forgotten what it felt like to wake up without her beside me...and it scared me that I would have to get used to it in less than a week. I played with her hair softly so that she wouldn't wake up and listened to her heart beating at a normal pace. I wanted to pinch myself so that I knew I wasn't dreaming...but I knew that a dream could never have lasted that long.

She twisted her body a little bit before hitting her arm on my forehead lightly and realizing what she did. Her eyes slowly opened and she blinked a few times, revealing her piercing emerald orbs.

"I'm sorry babe," she mumbled in her morning voice. "I'm so reckless when I'm asleep."

I shook my head and kissed her cheek, knowing that there was no point in agreeing with her when she was pratically flawless. I stretched my arms back as she pulled me closer to her body and tried to fall back asleep casually.

"Aw...Lolo. We have to get up now before they bring in the air horns," I explained, stroking her hair delicately.

She immediately gave me her famous puppy face as she pouted and blinked her eyes rapidly so that I would give in. I could feel her holding me even closer and knew that she was going to try to keep me next to her for as long as possible. I would never have wanted to get up, but there was a bit of a problem.

"Lauren...don't give me that puppy face. You're already cute and when you do that it makes it harder to say no."

"Mhm.." she whispered, nuzzling her head into my shoulder.

I had fallen asleep in one of her old t-shirts and knew that I should put some pants on before any of the counselors walked in. It was long enough so that I would be able to lie and say that I had on shorts, but there wouldn't be any convincing to help me if I was asked to lift it up. I loved being in Lauren's clothes...it made me feel even closer to her.

"Lolo..." I whined.

"Just cuddle with me for five more minutes," she begged.

"I can't. I only have your shirt on because it was your idea to spend most of the night doing you know in the other room. Maybe that's why you're so tired."

"Hey if only having that shirt on is bothering you feel free to take it off," she smirked. "And as for last night...don't act like you didn't enjoy it."

"Really funny. In fact...I'm not acting like I didn't enjoy it. We can cuddle later I promise," I smiled, holding my hand out towards her.

"Eh. I had something better in mind for later  if that's what you mean," she chuckled.

"Ok...there's people that can possibly be awake right now," I blushed. "Come on let's get changed."

---

"Do I really have to do this?" Lauren asked, staring around nervously.

"Hey. You wanted to play truth and dare outside because our cabin was filled with Emily's friends. Please...it won't be that bad. No one's even around," I begged, trying to convince her as much as possible to do the dare.

She stepped out from behind the tree to reveal her master outfit that I had dared her to change into. It was about an hour before curfew and we had spent the day playing sports, kayaking, and swimming. We wanted a break and something entertaining to do without having a tv or involving our cabin. The hot pink tutu we had borrowed from a younger cabin pratically sparkled in the moonlight and Lauren's face was only a shade off as she revealed the costume embarrassed. She was holding a wand and wearing a tiara that was way too small for her head. I had tried to get her to change the rest of her outfit...but she had drawn the line.

"Happy?" she mumbled, giggling at the thought of what she must have looked like.

"You look so adorable...but say it," I chuckled, trying to contain myself.

"Ugh...I LOVE KARLA CAMILA CABELLO MORE THAN LIFE AND I'M WEARING THIS OUTFIT BECAUSE I'M HER PRINCESS AND SHE IS MINE. I WAS A SECRET FAIRY GOD MOTHER IN MY PAST LIFE AND THIS WAS NOT A DARE!" she screamed, laughing afterwards.

"Ok that was great. Now last thing before we go to see if our cabin cleared out," I started. "Do the dance."

She took a deep breath and began to do the chicken dance as quickly as she could without any music. Within seconds, she tore off the outfit and collapsed into my arms laughing uncontrollably. 

"Ok...that totally reminded me of the first night when we played this with Jess," she admitted, shaking her head.

"Oh my god I remember that! I was so nervous because you were so pretty and were actually talking to me...and I didn't know what to do. That felt like awhile ago, but yesterday at the same time," I smiled sadly, settling into Lauren's lap.

"Yeah it does. And aw I can't believe you thought I was pretty."

"I still do," I whispered.

"You're beautiful Camila. I don't tell you that enough."

"Lo you tell me that everyday at least thirty times...trust me we never forget those things," I giggled.

"I love you," she bit down on her lip as her eyes wandered my body seductively.

"I love you too."