Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

I woke up the next morning just in time before the loud music and air horns were going to be set off. I could hear the counselors blasting Shake it off from the cabin right next to ours and just knew that we were going to be next as per usual. Fortunately, Camila was already up and awaiting their arrival. I knew that we were going to have to talk about what she had seen and it was stressing me out a lot. I didn't want her opinion of me to change because of a stupid mistake. 

Once the counselors came in and blasted the air horns, they saw that we were all awake and eventually gave up on being obnoxious. Everyone began to get ready, but Camila pointed outside and began to walk so that I knew to follow her.

We both went outside and a few moments of silence passed before she decided to break it and speak.

"Lauren. I couldn't sleep all night. W-why did you do it? Why? You know how I feel about you and being able to spend my summer with someone that actually cares about me. I trusted you to not do anything stupid or anything that would risk us all getting in trouble...but you still did it anyway. I just don't know..." she started to speak as she dazed off into space and got lost in her own thoughts.

"Camila. I'm sorry....I really am. I don't know how to make it up to you, but I'm going to tell you the truth. I'm, and was, scared. I have never loved, yes loved, someone as much as I love you right now. You're beautiful and perfect and to be honest, way too good for me. I had to tell you how I felt and I didn't expect you to like me back...but you did. The thing is that you were unsure if we should be in a relationship because of what happened in the past. I don't know Jay or the people in your school...and I'll never be like them. I know that this is really crazy, but I don't want to look as far as the end of the camp. I just want to be with you...now. I was so nervous about you making your decision and I just wasn't thinking. I needed to feel something and just get my mind off of everything. It was stupid...and I'm sorry," I admitted everything honestly and waited for a response.

Within a split second, Camila pressed her lips against mine and kissed me. It was so sudden, but so meaningful. She pulled away slowly and a small smile formed across her mouth. 

"Lauren...I had no idea you felt this strongly about me. Of course I'll give you a chance. I-I love you too and I was really scared to admit it at the time. I don't want to waste anymore time...I want to be yours," she whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek.

"Woah...I did not expect that. You freaking scared me, Cabello. Now...can I ask you a question?" I asked while grinning, unable to contain my excitement that Camila Cabello actually loved me.

"Sure..anything for you babe," she replied with a wink.

"Ok..first off that just killed me...you're so hot and when you called me babe..oh my god you're so-"

"Lauren! What did you have to ask me? You look and sound like a flustered model," Camila giggled, rubbing my arms.

Her hair was in a messy bun from the night before, but she still looked gorgeous. Her eyes had been puffy from crying, but to me, she had no flaws. None at all. I just wanted to kiss her and be with her forever. 

We were still outside the cabin and everyone was probably confused as to why we hadn't come in to get ready yet. Breakfast was going to start in about ten minutes, but something told me that we were just going to have to miss that.

"Will you be my girlfriend Camila?" I asked shyly, I had never been the one to ask that question before.

"Yes! Of course I will be your girlfriend Lauren. Koala hug!!" she screamed while jumping on me and wrapping her legs around my torso just like she had done before. I held her up as she kissed me and then jumped down to give me a proper hug.

"Camila.....how am I going to act normal around the other girls when you're so pretty? God..."

"Easy there...let's not get me pregnant right away," she smirked while lightly tapping me on the nose and skipping away into the cabin.

"As if that's even possible!" I screamed, chasing her back into the cabin and realizing I had to act natural so that no one else got suspicious until we were ready to tell them.

---

Camila's POV

We ditched breakfast and pretended that we were really tired so that Jess would actually cover for us. Instead, we spent the time cuddling, talking and kissing in my bunk.

"I can't believe you actually said yes.....I am the luckiest person in the world," Lauren whispered while playing with my hair gently.

I can't believe someone as flawless as her is giving me the time of day!

"Um...it's pretty much the other way around Lolo. Can we just be "tired" the whole day? I like this better than all of those stupid activities.." I responded.

"I wish...but if I get to be with you I would suffer through all of that. It's so worth it," Lauren admitted, kissing me on the cheek and then pecking me on the lips quickly.

"Aw you're so cute."

I rested my head on her chest and could feel her breathing. I felt safe.

"Damn...breakfast is almost over and we have archery in ten minutes. We should get ready before they all come back," Lauren pointed out.

I didn't respond, but instead had a crazy thought that was risky. Love can have you doing things you would have never done before. 

"Hey...I have a better idea. You want to ditch the whole day? I mean we don't have to.." I offered, not knowing if she would agree or not.

"Um...I don't know. That could get us in trouble...ok I'm totally kidding! Let's go! Look whose being all rebel like now. Well I'm not going to complain," Lauren laughed as she got up from the bunk and picked me up.

"AHH!! LAUREN! PUT ME DOWN!!" I begged even though it was insanely cute.

"Fine...but you're all mine as soon as we finish getting ready," she bit down on her bottom lip and dissapeared into the bathroom.