*15*

__________________________________________________________
Song recommendations: I Like me Better- Lauv
Dimple- BTS
__________________________________________________________

Jimin once again sat in his room, the curtains closed to let in no light, staring at the two options in front of him.

It's like the two inanimate objects were talking to him.
He sat with his knees drawn up, staring down at the phone to his left and the pocket knife to his right.

The left was telling him to call Jungkook- to hear the younger's soothing voice and ask him for help, just like they promised. He saw his bunny eyes and the concern in them. He felt the gentleness of his touches, telling him he will be all right, that he's there for him, calling him precious one more time.
He could imagine the way Jungkook would take him into his arms and drive away his demons which had haunted him worse than ever these past two weeks.

He glanced to the right, the demons taking a form as he stared at the knife.

Worthless. Whore. No one cares. Jungkook doesn't care...

Clearly he didn't. Ever since he saw Taehyung in front of school, the younger had ghosted him. The day after, he had sat alone in the auditorium, his heart aching more and more with every passing minute, but Jungkook never showed.
He didn't talk to him, didn't tease him, didn't do as much as look at him.
Ignored.
Abandoned.

Dirty slut. Nothing more than a body. No one loves you.

Not once did Jungkook reply to his texts.
Jimin had wanted to meet- to talk about what was bothering him, even though he had a pretty good idea.
No matter how close they had been that night in his room, Jungkook despised people like him. He didn't blame Taehyung for the way things had turned out between him and the younger.

It wasn't his fault Jungkook was such a hateful person.
And there he had been, in his arms, thinking Jungkook understood him the best- accepted all of him, broken or not.

You deserve it. You're disgusting. Worthless. No one cares. No one.

He saw the way Jungkook had looked at him as he stood next to Taehyung.
And only then did he believe him: Jungkook never truly hated him before.... Now he did.

His loathing had hit him hard, shattering all the gentleness he had received before. And his voice.... there was no sign of the boy who called him beautiful names and held him as he cried.

Why are you even trying? Everyone leaves you. Because you're worthless. Whore!

Holding his ears shut didn't do anything to drown out the voices.
He lowered them and a little defeated sob escaped him.
It was of no use to fight them. His demons always won.

He reached for the knife the way he had all those times before, breaking his promise to the boy who despised who he was.

***

The tap at his window jerked him awake.

He glanced at his watch. Not even eleven. He must have fallen asleep while watching some drama, his laptop still next to his head.

The tap came again.

He sat up in bed. Was it the wind? Or some kids who allowed themselves a joke?
He groaned, annoyed, as he walked over and ripped the window open, fully planning to yell at whoever woke him.

But the words died in his throats as a grinning Jungkook beamed up at him.

"Hi!", the young boy said as Jimin stood there with a gaping mouth.
Before he could say anything, the taller already pushed him back and climbed through the window.

The scent hit him a second later. He turned to watch the boy drop into his bed with a little giggle.

"Jungkook... are you... drunk?"

The younger turned to his side, resting his head on his hand as he grinned, his eyes unfocused and his cheeks red.

"What if I am? Are you -hk-going to punish me? You can try. I would -hk- love to see you try, tiny!"
He was slurring his words and hiccupping in the middle of his sentences.

His hair was unkempt, thick black strands falling into his face, and Jimin was immediately annoyed. How could he look such a mess and still be the most attractive guy he ever met?

"How much did you have to drink, JK?" Jimin asked, but stayed glued to his spot.
He still hadn't forgotten those last two weeks.
And just when he thought he might be able to get used to a life without him again, he had turned up out of the blue- shitfaced.

Jungkook laughed again.
"A lot I think, I don't know. I just started drinking from my fathers cabinet. Haha, and now everything is funny. Isn't it? And spinning, wow."

His hand slipped and his head bounced down to he bed where he buried it in giggles.
Jimin rolled his eyes and finally went to help the oversized baby.
No matter what happened, he had to do something.

"Come on, JK. Let's make you sleep it off."

He went down to get Jungkook's shoes off, untying the heavy black boots while Jungkook wriggled, making his job harder than it already was.

"Stop it, big baby. I'm just getting your shoes off."
He received a wild fit of giggles. "Baby, hahah, You're the baby! You're tiny. Tiny Jimin!"