*22*

___________________________________________________________________
Song recommendations: Lovely- Billi Eilish/Khalid
__________________________________________________________________

He walked home with probably the biggest smile on his face he'd ever managed. 

Despite finding out that Suga was Yoongi- YOONGI of all people!
It seemed impossible. 

They'd been in the same class since sixth grade and never once did the boy cross his mind. But it made so much sense now. He never talked, always ate alone and never drew any attention to him. He remembered what he had said, cornered in that art room.

I'm invisible. I'm no one.

His heart had ached for him. What must it feel like to have truly no one?
No one to see you or talk to or even hold you?
He definitely needed their help.
His panic attack had shocked them, especially Hoseok, who had taken him home and stayed with him all day. 

There would be another time for Jungkook to thank him. 

Meanwhile, he had had probably the most relaxing day ever, lying on the beach with Jimin in his arms, enjoying the sun on his face and the simple pleasure of just living in the moment. 

Taehyung had started a water fight, which led to an outright battle and ended in massive fits of laughter and giggles.
Then they lay in the sand, Jimin in Jungkook's arm and Jin in Namjoon's while Tae started to build a sandcastle with a bright grin. 

This was what he wanted his life to always be like. 
Hanging out with his friends and having Jimin next to him. 
All of it seemed to good to be true.
And maybe it was. 

Because when he came home, he was greeted by a smiling, little, raven girl, throwing her thin arms around him.
Her heavy perfume hit him not a second later and he scrunched his nose, even as he instinctively hugged her back.

"There you are baby. I missed you. You didn't tell me you were doing charity work at the homeless centre?"

His blood froze, holding Lisa close so she wouldn't see his red face of shame.
She drew away with a smile, no suspicion in her eyes.
He let out a relieved breath even as he felt like a piece of shit. 

Technically, he was cheating on her. 
Technically he was still to marry her. 
He had to end this soon, but then his father appeared behind them, smiling broadly at seeing them together.
Guilt hit him. 

Two moths... only two more months and his fathers campaign would be over and it would be decided whether he became mayor of Seoul or not.
If he did, he could finally cut ties with Lisa, even if it disappointed his father greatly.
But once he was mayor, he held all the power and Lisa's father would be reliant on that influence, supporting him because it was his best option. 

But if he didn't.... 
He couldn't think about that- he just wouldn't.
Two months. 
He smiled at his father.

"Jungkook. You didn't tell me Lisa was coming over, or we wouldn't have let you go out."

Jungkook turned red again, but Lisa was quick to cover it with a laugh. 
"Oh, Mr. Jung, it's not Jungkook's fault. I wanted to surprise him, so I didn't tell him. Aren't you surprised, Jungkook?"

She turned back to him, something unreadable in her big, dark eyes.
He found himself nodding with a smile.
"Of course I am. I've missed you so much, baby." 

The word tasted bitter in his mouth.
How could he forbid Tae to call Jimin such names, yet he did so with Lisa?
It wasn't fair- to anyone, but he felt like his hands were bound- trapped and unable to do anything about it. 

"Ah, son, you made it!", came his mother's sing-sung and the smiling, well-dressed woman appeared in the doorframe. 
She always looked so neat and put together, her back straight and her smile turning her face into a lovely artwork. But that sweet face only hid the steely personality beneath. 
They would think his father was the strong one, but his mother was a force to be reckoned with. 

"I was just making a roast for our surprise guest. You two can enjoy yourselves while I finish, all right? Honey? Would you come in the kitchen and help me?"

 God, she was so obvious, JK found it hard not to roll his eyes.
If it were up to them, Lisa's last name would already be Jeon. 
A shiver went down his spine as he guided Lisa up to his room.