Hot

"He did WHAT?" Lin stood in the doorway to her apartment, she hadn't even closed the door when her girlfriend started bombarding her with the events of the day.

Kya came over to where Lin was standing and took the grocery bags from her hands, "He spied on us! Can you believe him?"

The chief turned silently and closed the door. She walked towards the kitchen to help Kya stock the fridge, but turned on her heel, "Guess I better close the blinds too."

Kya chuckled from the kitchen, "I don't think you have to worry about him ever spying on us again, saying I beat the hell out of him when I found out."

Lin leaned on the kitchen doorframe, crossing her arms. She remained silent as she bit her lip. Scenes of Kya beating up her ex danced across her mind, creating a silly grin on her face. Lin watched as her girlfriend finished putting away the last of the groceries. Once finished, Kya placed her hands on her hips and turned, catching Lin staring.

"What's that stupid grin for?"

The corners of Lin's lips turned upward, "Nothing, you're just..." Mid sentence Kya started letting down her hair, her silver locks fell from their place, creating a mesmerizing cascading affect. Lin observed with her mouth agape and her breath caught in her throat.

"I'm just what?"

Lin's mind went to one word and one word only, "Hot."

Kya raised her eyebrows, surprised by the sudden compliment. After getting over her initial shock, the waterbender's lips turned upward in a dangerous grin.

"You're right, I am getting hot in here," she made her way over to Lin, lips brushing her ear. "Maybe I should...show some skin."

Kya stepped back from Lin and slowly removed the wrap of fabric cinching her dress. The earthbender's eyes widened in ecstasy, unable to look anywhere but Kya. In a few more seconds, a blue dress fell to the floor, causing Lin's breath to catch in her throat. Her eyes scanned the tan beauty in front of her. She gazed upon the silver locks, cyan eyes, and soft, olive skin that had haunted her dreams for the past few months.

Kya was now standing in just a tiny black bra and underwear. She grabbed Lin by the hand and led her out of the kitchen, "C'mon Chief. I think you can help me remove the rest..."

---------------------------------------------------------

Lin's hand rested on the small of Kya's back. It playfully moved up and down the waterbender's spine, earning a content hum. The two women had finished putting the groceries away three hours ago, and Lin was hungry then. After this workout, she was starving.

But still, she couldn't bring herself to move. Kya had fallen asleep on her chest. She looked so peaceful and she must have been dreaming about something good, because on her lips was a small smile.

Lin's stomach betrayed her, growling so loud and so close to the tranquility of her girlfriend that she stirred.

"Hungry, Chief?" Kya mumbled without opening her eyes.

"Nothing that can't wait. Go back to sleep." Lin removed her hand from Kya's back and ran her fingers through her hair.

Kya hummed in approval. After a few minutes of silence, Lin's stomach growled again, prompting Kya to raise her head, "Your body seems to feel that it can't wait."

"I'm fine. What are you doing? Lay back down."

"I'll be right back, stay here,"  Kya said before leaving the room.

In the distance, Lin heard the sound of the fridge opening and closing, followed by the sound of a cabinet. She cringed when she heard a crashing sound, hoping nothing was broken.

Kya returned holding a gallon of ice cream and two spoons. She settled into bed next to Lin and peeled open the carton.

Lin raised an eyebrow, "Ice cream for dinner? What are we? 12?"

Kya grinned in response, "Every good night ends with ice cream. That's a proverb."

Lin chuckled, "Really? And which guru said that?"

"The guru on the corner of 5th," Kya said matter-of-factly.

Now Lin was really laughing, "The ice cream place?? Honey, that's not a proverb, it's a slogan."

Kya waved a hand in dismissal, "Honestly I don't see a difference. Are you going to argue with the delicious meal I just made for you?"

Lin grinned wide, "No, no. But you better not be argue with the dessert I'm going to make later tonight."