Chapter 7: The Hidden Prophecy.

Night soon came to find me. In my room, I sat on my chair with eyes filled with peaking interest. A pastel coloured leather diary. The cover itself caught my eye. I knew it was me who picked it.. The scent of coffee beans aroused my curiosity more. It was clear, I was a coffee addict from the very beginning. As I unlocked with the key in my necklace, and turned the cover to read it... Gold paper reached my desk..

"It's already the time..?"

I wanted to know more about the contents written in the diary.. But I guess I will have to wait.. This time, the words "Children of Prophecy" were written on the golden paper.. Gold surrounded me not too soon enough. Well then, welcome back.. Going back and forth switching between these worlds that appear too fantastical has started becoming a norm to me. Seeing a giant clock, golden people and a strange gravity and me being in monochrome along with another girl.. Yes.. I have become used to this atmosphere.

As always, I rushed out to find out the memories that await me.

This time, I saw my past self along with her best friend in a place between the pine trees. Ah.. It's my hometown. The dull greeny, I loved this place more than anything. They were holding hands, that's when I noticed something. A chain bracket. They both wore the same one..But that bracelet looked like the big clock that I see across the sky... I wanted to take a closer look but it was a difficult task. They both held hands and walked through the forest. Taking in the calmness and fresh air. I remember how it felt. It felt like I was rejuvenating.

"Such an unfortunate twisted fate of ours..After our battle to find ourselves, we will be finally at peace.. We, the children favored by God.. We, the miserable special children of the prophecy..!" My best friend said.. And my past self gave her a look filled with grief at the same time hope.. Then they both turned as if looking at me who was walking behind them. They both looked at me with kind eyes. But...how's..this possible..? They can't see me...right..?

Along with me, stood the other monochrome who was puzzled as I was. They were not looking at me, they were looking at us..

My past self walked forth, towards me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye. I, who was still unable to comprehend what was going, looked back with curiosity and fear. Then she spoke... My past self spoke directly to me..

"Don't wander here any longer.. You got the key.. Go find her, your soulmate.. She never left you.. She's waiting for you to look at her.. She has been beside you all this time.. Haven't you got all the memories yet?"

Saying that, the girl embraced me tightly and I could feel an overpowering power entering inside of me. It was warm, exciting and thrilling.. I closed my eyes as I took in all the warmth and energy. My memories were getting filled inside of me. I, Miki Hana, was returning back into this body.. The 12 yr old self let go of me... That's when I opened my eyes. That's when I saw the location changed. The sky was dark unlike the last time where it was golden. The ground was golden and glowing. The girl looking at me was also golden and I, as always, was monochrome... I found myself in a void with only the 12 yr old self looking at me and the big pocket watch across far away in the black sky. There was nothing else. Pure gold everywhere. It felt like I was in the middle of a golden sea. It was such a mysterious feeling, that I couldn't shake off. The atmosphere was very warm..

"I can only help you this much, Hana.. The rest is in your hands.. Find her.. She's here.. She will be waiting for you even at the zeroth hour..! She is the last and biggest piece of this puzzle for your memory.. Find her soon! Without her, Hana, you are empty..."

My past self said and I noticed, in her left hand she was holding onto a pastel coloured leather diary.. The same one I found.. As I was beginning to speak, she backed away and smiled.. Then she disappeared into golden dust flowing above.. And I felt something cold on my left hand and I saw the same bracket she was wearing. The chain bracket with the same clock as a locket hanging. The same clock... As I was observing the bracelet, the clock struck.. The ringing began.. But this time, instead of the world cracking, the golden ground I was standing on, slowly returned dark and when it was pitch black... "Aah...." (thud!)