26: Let's Go To War

George:

"no way! Absolutely not" Hestia yelled from the top of our kitchen table. Lia flinched beside me. "I told Dumbledore, I told him that you weren't getting involved in this" So, Lia had just informed her Mother that she would joining the Order and as you can see the reaction was less than desired. She had shook the house with her disagreement.

"mum, I'm eighteen, this is my decision" Lia said trying to keep her voice levelled, "I'm not asking for permission"

"no, I refuse this is not happening" Hestia exclaimed again, I noticed Lia was clenching her fists, I weaved my fingers through hers, to ground her, stop her from hurting herself. "George"

"oh don't bring him into this" My mother exclaimed from her chair in the sitting room "you think they're not in this together"

"Mum, I can duel, I'm smart, I'm fast, I'm born for this. This is what you raised me to do. To fight" Lia said through her teeth, "I'm strong enough for this". Hestia stormed out through the kitchen door, the following crack told us she wouldn't be coming back. Lia lay her head down on the table. "sorry I yelled, Molly" she mumbled. My mother burst out laughing.

"George, take notes" she chuckled.

"come on" I rubbed Lia's back "bed, before my Mother and you get into a conversation about my manners". Lia was heavy walking up the stairs ahead of me, she had been since she arrived back from bringing Harry and Hermione home. Her Mum had been aggressive and it wasn't what Lia wanted when it came to that conversation. I could feel the anxiety beating off of her. She walked into the room ahead of me and sat on the edge of the bed, defeat causing her to lower her head in her hands. I sat beside her and rubbed her back as she cried and cried. "it's okay", Harry and her had talked about her Dad, he had talked about Sirius. She had come back from it heavy and anxious. "come here". She curled up beside me as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "she'll come through, you know what our Mothers are like". They had decided against a funeral. We would mourn separately for Sirius. We had kicked up a storm when they insisted on sending Harry to Privet Drive. He didn't deserve to be alone right now but they had insisted.

"she doesn't have a choice" she swallowed, breathing deeply.

"I know", I pressed my lips to her temple holding on to her for a little longer.

"can we make a deal" she asked, rubbing the last of the tears away. "that no matter what, we'll stick together"

"deal"

"no matter where we have to go, no matter how far away we are, we've got each other" she said as I cupped her face in my hands.

"no protective shit" I smiled.

"and complete and utter honesty about how we feel"

"always" I smiled. She stuck out her hand and I shook it, pulling her in to seal it with a kiss. She chuckled. "what?"

"trawlaney, she said something at the beginning of the year" she smiled "about my year not turning out the way I had envisioned"

"and?"

"she was right, but I'm okay with that" she bit her lip, smiling at me. "so what now?"

"now, my love" I kissed her cheek, then her forehead and the side of her mouth "let's go to war"