1: The Order

George:

"George Weasley" my mother's voice screeched through the door, "we are going to be late".

"Honestly Woman" I said opening the door to her, dragging my trunk behind me "I'm here, let's go". She ushered me down the stairs my trunk clunking as I went. Hermione's good for nothing cat sat right in the middle of the landing. I lifted my foot up.

"George if you dare lay a hand on my cat" Hermione screeched as she ran to grab Crookshanks out of the way.

"that cat is stupid"

"it's got more brain cells than you have" she muttered at me before descending the stairs ahead of me.

"alright, let's go" Mum announced from behind me. Harry and Ron, as usual the last ones to come thundering down the stairs as Fred apparated beside me with a pop. "aghhh" Mum exclaimed as my twin appeared.

"have we got everyone" Mad Moody asked as he entered the hallway. It had been an interesting summer living in the middle of the Order. It was quite unusual to eat your breakfast across from Mad Eye or Kingsleigh if he dropped in for a visit.

"I'm not leaving anyone behind" Molly said.

"Where's Ginny?" Harry asked. Myself and Fred started to snicker, Harry sent us a look that could have killed us.

"Ginny" My Mother bellowed up the stairs. In a flash of red hair Ginny came rushing down the stairs.

"Sorry, I forgot some of my books"

"alright" Mad Eye said "stick together, no one needs to die dropping the children off to the train". It was then that Hestia Jones apparated into the house. She had brought Harry here the other night, but she wasn't alone. Her daughter Lia stood at her side. She was in the same year under me and Fred. We hadn't seen her all summer. "need a watch Jones?" Mad Eye quipped.

"need some manners?" the woman retorted. Her daughter rolled her eyes, dragging her case towards the rest of us smiling to Ginny and Hermione.

King's Cross was full to the brim of people on their daily commute. Each year we looked slightly out of the ordinary with our owls and trunks, even more so this year as Sirius had decided to tag along in dog form at Harry's side. Mum got teary as we boarded the train. This year was going to be different. Our parents hadn't looked at us the same since Cedric died last summer. Hogwarts was supposed to be the safest place in all the world, but each year it just felt like it was getting more and more dangerous. "Mum, I'll be fine" Lia said to her mother. They shared their dark black hair and average build, but Lia had these big violet eyes that her mother didn't. "go save the world" she smiled before hugging her Mum tightly.

"Don't worry Hestia" I called, "we'll look after her". Lia smiled looking at me leaning against the door of the train.

"that is exactly what I'm worried about" Hestia said sternly.

"now you two behave" Mum said from behind a handkerchief. We hopped onto the train, Hermione, Harry and Ron , followed be Ginny went left looking for a compartment. The train pulled out and we waved our parents off. Lia took a shaky breath as we turned the corner at the end of the platform.

"are you alright?" I asked as people filtered up and down the train on the hunt for a seat.

"yeah" she nodded "Mum just worries"

"well that makes two of us with anxious mothers" I laughed. I had never really noticed how deep purple her eyes were or the little freckles dotted over her nose.

"earth to George" she said waving her hand in front of my face "you still in there?"

"yeah, sorry, I lost my train of thought" I said waving a hand to the interior around us. Had I really just said that? She walked away her shoulders shaking as she did. "that bad?"

"well, I've heard worse if that makes you feel any better" she laughed as she walked towards the compartments.

"smooth Georgie, real smooth" Fred laughed from beside me.

"Shut up" I said punching him in the gut.