Authors Note

Hey guys. Denise here, the author. (And yes it is a female name.)
Wow. Where to start...
I have to admit that while writing the final two chapters I shed a few tears and now, as I am writing this text for you, I have tears in my eyes again.
This has many reasons.
The first would be that I never expected what had happened here in the past few weeks and months. When I started writing this story, I just had a few ideas that I was dying share with someone to talk about it. I didn't expect anyone to actually read this story.
The fact that this book has 17.5K reads by now, around 5 months later and at exactly the moment as I am writing this text, is far from anything I could have ever imagined. And it looks like many more are to come.
The next reason for my tears is the amount of support I have received from you and all of the wonderful comments. I thank each and every one of you. Some of you have written to me that this book is one of your favorites. Some of you really empathized with the characters, like me. I am still speechless that I was able to do this. Some of your comments made me laugh.
But I'm also sad that this story is over now. I'm kind of not ready to say goodbye to Meliodas, Zeldris and all of the other characters. Sometimes I felt connected to the story. I spent a lot of mental time with Meliodas and Zeldris. I lay in bed for many nights and mentally played through individual scenes over and over again until I was satisfied with the idea. I have felt so connected to them at times as if they were real. I will miss them.

I want to thank:
- those who were there from the start. I hope you know who you are
- those who have read all the chapters within a few hours because they liked the story so much
- veryone who voted for the story
- everyone who commented. Your words have often touched me deeply

It's been a crazy trip. When I started the book, I had thought that I would have written everything down in 10, at most 15 chapters.
I started to write again until late at night, kept writing secretly during online-lectures, thought about scenes at work and spent hours looking for the right outfits for Yami.
In between I had already drafted 10 chapters and was of the opinion that I would be finished by November. But then life happened and everything was delayed but you always showed understanding and support.
And then there's the fact that the fanfic is based on the series, but I haven't finished reading the manga yet and at a certain point I had to break away from the original story. That sounds easy, but it wasn't, because you want to keep the style from the beginning so that the transition appears smooth.

I am happy to have completed the story and created a book for you that brought you and me so much joy. But I'm also sad that everything has now come to an end. But as is well known, all good things have come to an end.

I would also like to thank everyone who will find this story and end up here at some point. Thank you for reading my book.

Edit, January 2021
My new book "Saviors" is out now! Go and check it out!

So thank you for everything. And maybe see you soon.

Gratefully,
Denise