Ch. 6 - True Powers

Chapter 6 - True Powers
Meliodas has left with Zaneri a couple of minutes ago and silence has surrounded us ever since. I went to sit down again and waited here for something to happen, when Arthurs red hair appears in my vision. "Lady Yami" he speaks up and sits down next to me. 

"Arthur..." I mumble, not knowing why he's here. "I'm sorry I haven't told you about my true powers." Arthur is one of the few people that knew about my powers from begin on but I never told him where they're actually coming from. He just expected them to be magical in some way and I wasn't supposed to tell him or anybody else.

"I don't care about where your powers come from, Lady Yami. You're still the same person than before to me."

His kind words touch me and I pull him in a hug. "You are really destined to do great things" I say happily and see the young king blush.

"Now, what are we supposed to do whilst Sir Meliodas is in there?" Gilthunder asks, now that the silence is finally broken.

I turn around to face everyone who's left over. "There are only two ways to defeat the Ten Commandments. Every demon is just an obstacle because the Ten Commandments are who lead them. A commandment can be removed from their wielder if that person gives their consent, which I highly doubt will happen, or if they are left powerless, unable to fight or die. The commandment makes them really powerful but their ordinary demonic powers are still very strong. I fear that we will have to fight to the bitter end even then."

"But haven't you just said the commandments can only be removed if we leave them unable to fight or dead? So how are they supposed to keep fighting if we hit them that hard?" King asks.

"You mean that we better kill them instead of just fighting them, right?" Gilthunder mumbles.
I don't look at him as sadness fills my eyes just thinking about it. But I fear that this is my point.

"That is why we all need to train our powers" I say. "That's why we are here."

"You will enter the cave in groups of two and find an individual opponent there" Jenna says. "You have to leave your weapons here. Use your head to discover your true powers."

3rd persons POV
"Jenna" Meliodas laughs when he comes back from his trial.

"Meliodas" she answers as she turns around to face him. "Seems like you passed your trial."

"Had any doubts?" he giggles.

Zaneri appears right behind him. "Zaneri, has he learned to controll his emotions?" Jenna asks and Zaneri shakes her head. Meliodas takes a look around and cuts Jenna off before she can ask further. "Where's the rest?"

"They're training their powers" Jenna says.

Your POV
"Shit" I mumble as I fall down onto my knees. A strong pain goes through my body, so strong that I can hardly stand it.

"Lady Yami!" I hear King shout my name before he attacks the monster again that we're actually in the middle of a fight with. "Are you okay?"

"It's... Meliodas..." I breath out painfully. I feel his suffering and pain, his despair and fear, as well as this incredibly strong anger that then breaks out of him. His trial. I can feel all the pain he's going through, again and again. I was never able to feel his suffering when he wasn't right next to me, so why now?
Tears form in my eyes as I can barely stand what he's going through whilst I see King fighting against the monster, trying to keep me safe. I wonder why he's being so protective when he wanted to kill me not that long ago, when I scream out in pain as I once again feel Meliodas' pain, unable to stand it anymore.  The pain is so unbearable that I bend over in pain and can't move at all.
What kind of trial is that?
King gets hit by the monster and lands hardly on the floor. I mutter his name and try to stand up to help him but my body is too weak. Meliodas' pain is too much to take.
The monster raises his arm, ready to hit King when the pain is gone suddenly. I jump back onto my feet, run in front of King and block the monsters attack. "Don't you dare" I growl and kick the monster so hard that it flies back a few meters. "You'll not hurt my friend!" I shout and feel a new power escaping my body, straightly hitting the monster before it vanishes. I turn around to King and reach out my hand to him. "Are you okay?" I ask.