Ch. 11 - Mistress of Darkness [e]

Chapter 11 - Mistress of Darkness
Some later, after taking care of myself, I walk down the stairs of the Boar Hat and wear a new outfit that someone placed on my bed. My black dress is ruined from the attacks and basically shred to pieces. I find all of Meliodas' friends sitting in the tavern with worried and sad looks on their faces. A few of them lift their heads when I join them but most of them just look at their hands in sadness, shame and worry. It's making me sad to see them like that and I wish I could cheer them up but to be honest, I feel just like them. 
I know they would have helped Meliodas if they had been able to. But to be honest, they really wouldn't have stood a chance. Even I was lucky to get off so lightly.

"Whoever created this outfit, you outdid yourself!" I say happily to distract the group and turn to present my entire outfit and then see King blush

"Whoever created this outfit, you outdid yourself!" I say happily to distract the group and turn to present my entire outfit and then see King blush. "Is that from you?" I ask him.

"Well... Merlin helped" the fairy king says shily.

"Thank you so much" I say to him. "I love it!"

"You sure look good in it" Ban says without even looking at me. I go behind the bar and look through Meliodas' range of wine bottles until I find a wine whose taste I know all too well. It's from a small province behind the Castle of Camelot. I open two of the bottles with a small smile on my lips when I think back to those better days and pour each one a glass. I walk around the tables and serve it while the group looks at me startled.

"Hey guys, I know you're worried. But Meliodas is upstairs and alive. It won't help us making long faces."

The room is quiet for a moment before Gilthunder raises his head. "Lady Yami, when you saved Sir Meliodas earlier ... These attacks. Were those your magical powers?"

"Yes, they were" I announce.

"But ... you were so strong" Diane mumbles worriedly to herself and I'm sure it's a lot for her to take in since she missed all the explaining about Meliodas and my past.

"How can it be that you could defeat the demon so quickly when Sir Meliodas hardly stood a chance?"

"I didn't beat Estarossa" I admit. "I just knocked him out for a few seconds so that Meliodas and I could escape."

"But how was that possible?" asks Gilthunder and I feel everyone's eyes on me now.

"It almost seemed as if you knew each other" Howzer says. "How can that be?"
"Idiot" Hendrickson mumbled and hit Howzers back of the head. "She mentioned living with the demons, don't you remember?"

I sigh and take a sip of my wine. "Well, I think it's time to tell you the whole story" I say. "Let me introduce myself correctly. I'm Yami, Mistress of the darkness and therefore the absolute counterpart to Lion Sin Escanor." It's only when the words have left my mouth, that I realize how stupid I just sounded. Still, everyone gasps in shock and sits there with their mouth wide open.