seventeen

(after a few years)

you returned home from your job, letting out a sigh of relief as you stepped into the heated apartment you and taehyung shared. it was mid december and the temperature was shockingly cold.

kicking off your shoes, you made sure they were on the doormat to avoid making a puddle on the floor because of the melting snow. you listened to the sound of the tv playing in the living room as a signal that taehyung was still awake.

it was so good having him back home. the two of you had a quite big fight last week and he slept in your friends' apartment in the modern flat complex down the road. being roommates, jimin and hoseok were shocked seeing taehyung knocking on their door and asking to sleep on their couch, but they eventually figured out that you two needed a little time apart from each other.

he just came back from his trip in europe when you two fought last week — being a professional photographer included a lot of sacrifice and hard work he had to do.

there were only two days left until christmas eve and you and your group of friends planned a dinner at namjoon's place. you couldn't wait anymore.

you graduated from college about three years ago, but you and taehyung moved together in your senior year. jimin and hoseok recommended you their neighborhood and you were lucky your apartments were so close to each other.

a lot of things have changed, but everyone was finally happy at this point.

last month you attended jin's twenty million subscribers party, 'EatJin' wasn't only asia's most famous eating channel, but he even surpassed gordon ramsay, being the biggest eating channel worldwide. after he graduated college years ago, he started culinary school and a lot of well-known chefs remarked him. you had to admit it — your brother was really goddamn famous.

this summer, yoongi released his mixtape, becoming korea's most requested song writer and composer. his stage name — agust d — was known by thousands of people; america finally noticed him and a lot of twitter trends said that his rap was even faster than eminem's. in his songs, he talked about his drug dealing back in his college days, depression, anxiety and everyone felt sympathy and compassion towards him and his sincere message.

hoseok finally pursued his dream and had the guts to open his own dancing studio. you remember him taking dancing lessons when you two were little kids, but he never had the opportunity to actually do this properly. he thought about dropping out from college one day and give up on everything, but you and jimin brought the beautiful, bright smile on his face again, giving him your endless support. now he was one of asia's well known choreographers, on his way of being noticed internationally in the dancing community.

speaking of his roommate, jimin, who graduated top of his class at the police academy and immediately put what he learnt to action — he became a policeman. it was shocking at first, jimin never told anyone about his dreams when you guys were still in high-school. you found out later on that being a police officer was a career choice he had dreamed of since a young age. he could give back to his community and it wouldn't seem like a job since he loved helping people in need. he was always there for his friends ever since you've met and this made a lot of sense to you.

on the other hand, namjoon — your high-school stalker whom you've became really close friends with over the years — became a model... and an extremely well-known one. his dream was to become a businessman, but he just happened to be at the right time at the right place. he didn't drop out of college though, his intelligence was out of this world and the fact that he managed to graduate and still pursue his modelling career was incredible and very, very ironic. the boy who hated himself, who was bullied for his looks and had a massive obsession for you in high-school was now korea's heartbreaker: tall, unbelievably handsome and smart... and, on top of all, he had a giant penthouse in seoul. karma is a bitch, you thought, but you were extremely happy for him.