Mash-up

Everyone watched in silence as Quinn helped Finn clean off some of the slushy they had received earlier from his face.

"This is a disaster." Quinn said, as she wiped a towel over her boyfriend's eyes. "Our reputation as McKinley High's it couple is in serious jeopardy if we don't find some way to be cool again, Finn."

Leaning sideways a bit as she got closer to Piper, Mercedes whispered, causing Kurt and Tina, who were sitting nearby, to approach the two of them as well.

"The Slushy war has commenced." She said, as Piper sighed, slightly terrified. "And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe."

Piper sent her friend a look then, but before she could even say anything, Mr. Schue walked into the choir room, as excited as ever.

"Okay, guys. We're a little behind for Sectionals thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour but you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I'm gonna keep you guys fired up." He said, as everyone turned to look at him then. "Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together. But the big difference between them is what makes them great. Like... Chocolate and bacon."

And when Quinn made a face at that, Piper giggled quietly under her breath, receiving a look from Mercedes as she frowned at her friend. Before she could even say anything else, however, Finn spoke up.

"Or Glee Club and football." He said, as Mr. Schue nodded.

"Exactly." He smiled. "But you've proven that it is a great combination. So... Here is my personal favorite song. And your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

Looking at the music sheet in her hands, Piper scrunched up her nose a bit.

"Bust a Move?" She asked, as Mercedes nodded beside her, the same slightly disgusted expression in her face.

"Yeah, this song is old school." She said, but, as usual, Mr. Schue didn't listen to them.

"All right. Hum, Artie, try to follow along on the bass." He said, as Artie nodded, wheeling himself toward the band to go grab his bass guitar. "Finn, take us through it."

"Hum, I'm sorry, Mr. Schuester." Finn said as Quinn kept on dabbing her towel on his face, gently. "I got corn syrup in my eye."

"Okay." Mr. Schue frowned a bit, before looking around the room. "Hum, Puck. How about it?"

"I don't really groove on Young MC." Puck shrugged.

"I am shocked at the lack of leading-man ambition in this room right now." Rachel gasped, as Piper frowned at her.

"It's okay, Rachel. I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." Mr. Schue smirked playfully as he took off his vest. At that, everyone cheered, reluctantly getting into the groove as soon as the beat started. "Bust it!"

***

After glee, Piper started to gather her stuff and as soon as she was done, she threw her bag over her shoulder. Before she could go anywhere else, however, Mercedes spoke up.

"Hey, P! Wait up, I want to talk to you." She called, causing the girl to turn to her and nod.

The two of them stayed behind then, waiting for everyone to leave and as soon as they did, Piper sat down again in a chair, putting her bag down as Mercedes sat down beside her.

"What did you want to talk about, Cedes?" She asked, and when the girl smirked at her, Piper sighed, knowing nothing good was about to come out of this. "What?"