Epilogue: Picture Perfect

The last day of the term had come faster than anyone had expected, really, and Quinn was grateful that summer was around the corner, eager to just put this whole mess of a year behind her and get back on her A-game for her Junior year. But that was easier said than done. After all, she wanted back in the Cheerios and she wanted the Prom Queen crown, but she was scared that, for that, she'd have to give up one of the best parts of her year: Piper.

After all, if she was back in the Cheerios next year, she wouldn't be able to eat lunch with Piper everyday as she had been doing this year, right? The rest of the girls on the squad wouldn't like it one bit and if they didn't like it, Quinn's chances of a crown would be cut down to zero. Still, she would miss it, she knew... Her chats with Piper over lunch and the way she made her feel whenever she smiled. She'd miss looking into her goldish brown eyes and lose herself in them every once in a while. She'd miss watching Piper blush whenever Quinn complemented her outfit or her hair... She'd miss her, she knew. But it had to be done, right?

After all, they could still be... Friends, right? But maybe, next year, they'd keep that friendship inside the choir room.

Sighing to herself, Quinn pulled open her locker for what would be the last time that year to grab all of her books for summer vacation, but stopped when a slip of paper fell down over her feet as soon as the locker was open. Quinn frowned, a bit, crouching down to the floor to pick it up before gasping as soon as she unfolded the paper.

Quinn stood there, mesmerized by the drawing in her hands. It was of her, holding Beth in the hospital bed, a big smile on her face as she looked down at her daughter in her arms. Quinn almost cried as she looked at the drawing... The shapes, the traces, the colors... Everything was just so perfect... A picture perfect drawing of one of the most bittersweet moments of her life, so well done that it brought back all the emotions and the memories from that moment.

Quinn didn't even have to look at the signature underneath it to know who it was, but when she noticed she had even written her a little message underneath it, Quinn couldn't contain a smile.

Someone taught me all the secrets of breaking into a locker with a nail file and I decided to try it out. I hope you don't mind...

Also, I hope you don't mind me drawing you. I just really enjoy drawing whatever inspires me and you are one of those things, Quinn. And that smile I saw on your face that day... I'm pretty sure it's burned in my mind forever.

Never stop smiling, Quinn Fabray. It makes you look even more beautiful than you usually are.

-P xx

With a sigh and a quiet chuckle, Quinn reached for one of her magnets inside her locker and pinned up Piper's drawing there, taking another second to admire the small piece of art that Piper Snow had allowed her to have. Noticing the girl standing by Mercedes' locker just down the hallway as the two of them giggled and laughed together, Quinn sighed, feeling her heart skip a beat when Piper threw her head back in a chuckle.

"Why do you make staying away from you so hard for me, P?" Quinn asked to no one in particular as she finally closed her locker and looked over at Piper one last time before leaving. "And what did you even do to me?"